What's your favourite item of detecting gear?

keyfits

A good pinpointer.
I started off with the cheap ones (£12) and initially thought they were OK for the price but after a year or so I was aware that I was digging many a hole to about 2ft deep before realising that I had just misjudged the pinpointing slightly, then finding that the target was just a couple of inches to the side and quite shallow, so I decided to upgraded to the Garrett Carrot £120 and never looked back, a lot more expensive but it has been priceless in not only saving a lot of digging but also a lot of time. Now would not be without it.
mattjb

keyfits wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:56 pm A good pinpointer.
I started off with the cheap ones (£12) and initially thought they were OK for the price but after a year or so I was aware that I was digging many a hole to about 2ft deep before realising that I had just misjudged the pinpointing slightly, then finding that the target was just a couple of inches to the side and quite shallow, so I decided to upgraded to the Garrett Carrot £120 and never looked back, a lot more expensive but it has been priceless in not only saving a lot of digging but also a lot of time. Now would not be without it.
Agree with that , managed without a pinpointer during my first stint at detecting then bought a cheapo one on my return, what a piece of junk! Like you I went for a Garrett Carrot after that , what a difference, wouldn’t be without it now.
keyfits

mattjb wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:12 pm Agree with that , managed without a pinpointer during my first stint at detecting then bought a cheapo one on my return, what a piece of junk! Like you I went for a Garrett Carrot after that , what a difference, wouldn’t be without it now.
So true.
figgis

Gin

:thumbsup:
DaveP

Easylife wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:45 pm Earlier this year I bought a pair of insulated fishing salopettes from Aldi to try out this winter. I have only used them twice so far but they seem really great. Very comfortable, warm, and no more regular trousers adjustments needed! :D
I wore my sea fishing salopettes this afternoon. Excellent keeping my back warm and no constant tucking in. And I didn't need a finds bag as pinpointer went in one leg pocket and all the carp went in the other. The only problem was I spent the first hour with a faint whiff of fish :lol:

Two parrots sat on a perch. One says "can you smell fish" ;)