Deus II introduction video now up.

bob79

Gary Blackwell has posted an introduction video up on the Xp Skills School YouTube channel.
BuriedByTime&Dust

Looks great. Sooooo, when can we buy one? :Thinking:
bob79

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:53 pm Looks great. Sooooo, when can we buy one? :Thinking:
One of the French suppliers are say 15th December, much to Cath's horror.
Metalurgy

It looks like an interesting machine however,until there’s more information,it remains just that.
BuriedByTime&Dust

What about the Equalizer (and I don't mean Edward Woodward)?

Does it modify the sound itself or is it simply a form of volume control for various tone break segments? I'm still not sure :problem:
Blackadder43

bob79 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:34 pm Gary Blackwell has posted an introduction video up on the Xp Skills School YouTube channel.
feel free to edit a link in Bob, i cant seem to find it myself.... :oops:
in my defence i am multi tasking and eating at the same time :lol:
Easylife

D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
I-Rutus

Looks good, like a supercharged ORX :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

bob79 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:56 pm One of the French suppliers are say 15th December, much to Cath's horror.
I’m not over that disappointment yet. I want in now.

Going back to the Deus though I’m getting strong hints that the reactivity has been put on steroids. Even putting aside the multi-frequency ability the single frequency abilities alone sound like a big step up - much faster and more powerful.

There’s a list of other things I like too, but one Gary pointed out today was that when you switch off the controller it switches off the headphones too. I hate switching off headphones at the end of the day. It means I have to stop, remove my gloves and try not to get mud in my hair as I switch off the headset. Big step forward :clapping: I’m not being sarcastic either!

I’m also liking that you can notch out coke in a very tight band. And that you can control the limit of the frequencies in FMF mode. I like that you can use speaker and headphones at the same time if you want to share the detector sound with someone else. I also like that it can more easily allow two headsets to be used simultaneously with one coil - again helpful if demonstrating a setting to someone else.

Even coil pairing is now simplified - switch the controller on near a charging coil or headset and it’ll pair - no tapping in numbers. You can do it the old fashioned way too but it’s clever.

And it is lighter. Not by much but everything helps :Star:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Lots of user improvements there. :thumbsup:
The tones seem very customisable which is a nice option to have though not a deal breaker, and the light weight could be a bonus to some.
Though I am quite curious as to why is it the only simultaneous multi-frequency detector that still detects coke unless you notch it out when others naturally do without any notching needed? :shock: Maybe so that Deus 1 users won't miss what they're used to? :lol: Only joking! :D :angel:
I guess that the only downside is that single frequency users will have to go over all of their old ground again to find what they have previously missed? :shh: But that is the beauty of SMF. :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Easylife wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:05 am Lots of user improvements there. :thumbsup:
The tones seem very customisable which is a nice option to have though not a deal breaker, and the light weight could be a bonus to some.
Though I am quite curious as to why is it the only simultaneous multi-frequency detector that still detects coke unless you notch it out when others naturally do without any notching needed? :shock: Maybe so that Deus 1 users won't miss what they're used to? :lol: Only joking! :D :angel:
I guess that the only downside is that single frequency users will have to go over all of their old ground again to find what they have previously missed? :shh: But that is the beauty of SMF. :thumbsup:
At least we can ignore the fluffy ploughed soil we’ve already detected when others couldn’t :rollinglaughing:

Being serious though you are right - I’m looking forward to going over some old pasture again. But I’ve also just got a new 700 acre permission, mainly pasture, so it might have to wait :Party:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:16 am Being serious though you are right - I’m looking forward to going over some old pasture again. But I’ve also just got a new 700 acre permission, mainly pasture, so it might have to wait :Party:
Winner winner chicken dinner! :thumbsup:
BuriedByTime&Dust

Easylife wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:05 amwhy is it the only simultaneous multi-frequency detector that still detects coke unless you notch it out
That's a good indication that, as expected, XP have done their own thing with MF and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I can live with digging a little coke if necessary :thumbsup:
Mancaveman

I remember with my Mk1 Deus digging lots and lots of coke because it was hard to ignore. Using a popular Multi Frequency machine at the mo' and don't dig any. Looking forward to the Deus II reviews though. Can't remember ever being excited by a detector's launch but I am with this one.
Happy hunting everyone :thumbsup:
figgis

Mancaveman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:26 am I remember with my Mk1 Deus digging lots and lots of coke because it was hard to ignore.
You don't need MF technology to know when to ignore coke - just an X-Y screen ;)