Deus II introduction video now up.

Easylife

D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Best video I’ve ever seen on the advantages on multi frequency. I got it before but this just makes it really clear :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Gleaner

Good video now i can see why the Nox (at 2/3 of the price) made old permissions come alive again :thumbsup:
Easylife

I bet that will make the single frequency diehards think twice! :o ;)
Pete E

Very interesting video especially the bit where he was playing about notching out the coke..Two things struck me:

1) Garys demo of placing the coke on top of the hammered coin and still being able to hit the coin blows a big hole in claims by NASA Tom re masking as discussed in the other thread

2) From a Nox perspective, in Field 2 the odd time coke comes up, it will be at around 1 or 2 and I don't think I have ever seen a hammered come up anywhere near that...fine 9kt gold chain possibly, but never silver hammereds??? It makes me wonder just different the SIM MF function is between the two machines...

Edited to add as nice as notching out coke is, I would love to see if Gary can notch out say ring pulls or other bits of aluminium without loosing the ability to detect hammereds...if the Deus 2 can do that reasonably successfully, I will be strongly tempted to get my cheque book out!
figgis

Love these videos from Gary. No bling, no frothing at the mouth about how good the machine is - just straightforward education :thumbsup:
DaveP

Pete E wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:16 am
2) From a Nox perspective, in Field 2 the odd time coke comes up, it will be at around 1 or 2 and I don't think I have ever seen a hammered come up anywhere near that...fine 9kt gold chain possibly, but never silver hammereds??? It makes me wonder just different the SIM MF function is between the two machines...
I had a broken piece of Eddie penny, about an 1/8th, give a very crisp 2 in Field 2. It was the location of a treasure find so I was checking very carefully but it's the only time I've had anything at 2.
I can't recall the last time I dug a piece of coke but I have one area where small lumps of coal give a "don't you dare walk away" signal.

The videos are good, instructional, sales and marketing. I have no problem with that as I have zero brand loyalty. I just wonder how Deus 1 users are feeling as it would appear their single frequency machine has been obsoleted (just kidding).
It would not surprise me if the Deus II out-performs the Equinox as my guess is they have put more into signal processing. The only thing that frustrates me in this field is there are no quality test methods but I doubt the manufacturers would ever agree.

Did I miss something - the Deus 1 wasn't picking up that line of coins on the surface?
Metalurgy

Did I miss something - the Deus 1 wasn't picking up that line of coins on the surface?
[/quote]

It’s difficult to believe that ANY detector would miss those but I guess that each machine has its weaknesses.
Easylife

Pete E wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:16 am Very interesting video especially the bit where he was playing about notching out the coke..Two things struck me:

I think on the Nox coke would be just below 0 in Field 1, but as Field 2 has a higher frequency bias TID's are slightly raised lifting it just into the non-ferrous section. The Deus 1 equivalent of Nox 0 is about 29/30 so it would seem that the Deus between 0 and 29/30 is a stretched band between ferrous and border line non-ferrous?
I was only joking when in another topic I said "Will the Deus 2 still be able to detect coke?", but surprisingly XP have actually designed it to. I wonder if it will also detect coke that used to come in in the low 70's on Deus 1 as I wouldn't want to be notching those numbers out? Even my old White's DFX in single frequency didn't detect any coke at all though the Deus 1 later showed it to be a coke strewn permission.
I guess that on the Deus a cut quarter would come in at about 40 and a hammered farthing about 50, so nowhere near the coke, but Gary wanted to give the impression that they were so close there without actually showing us the hammered TID!
Easylife

DaveP wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 am I just wonder how Deus 1 users are feeling as it would appear their single frequency machine has been obsoleted (just kidding).
Not obsoleted, but it is a fact that SMF detectors are more productive than single frequency detectors in their ability to better ID targets especially at depth. :thumbsup:
DaveP wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 am Did I miss something - the Deus 1 wasn't picking up that line of coins on the surface?
I guess it was because they were not Francs and the Deus 2 is multilingual? :lol:
Easylife

Especially with the Deus 1 I feel that many got caught up with searching in too high frequencies and were missing many high conductors when generally searching, so most likely actually finding less? The elevated target values of HF causing higher tones may give the impression of better performance than a lower tonal response though just the same really.
There is good reason why manufacturers bring out detectors with a fixed frequency of say 11 - 14khz as it will hit just about all targets. With a multi-frequency detector you only have to flick through the different frequencies over a target to see which get it and which don't, whereas SMF simply gets them all! Though of course single frequencies do have their uses in certain situations. :thumbsup:
Pete E

Given Gary's position at XP, these videos and the tests he is carrying out are obviously carefully designed to convince existing Deus owners to upgrade to the Deus 2...I don't have an issue with that, but it needs to be kept in mind while watching...

If a novice watched some of these comparisons in isolation, they would think the Deus 1 was a terrible machine, but in reality we know it's not and is probably in the top handful of machines out there...I fully accept the Deus 2 is probably better, but again that does not mean the Deus 1 is not very capable...

I have no particular brand loyalty, and would certainly consider changing to a Deus2 but it will have to show a marked improvement over the Nox...I hate learning new Tech, but if ML don't respond in the next 18 months or so, I will seriously consider switching to XP...

I am hoping that the release of the Deus 2 and the Legend will be the spur ML need and they will either offer a meaningful software upgrade to the Nox, or will release a new improved version of the Nox..
Charles Abbeyville

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 am That's a good indication that, as expected, XP have done their own thing with MF and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I can live with digging a little coke if necessary :thumbsup:
Charles Abbeyville

Will the D2 still have the XY screen, I cannot imagine it wont and can we use the coils we already own from our D1?
bob79

Charles Abbeyville wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:11 pm Will the D2 still have the XY screen, I cannot imagine it wont and can we use the coils we already own from our D1?
Yes, still got the XY screen, coils not compatible at present time, no sure if they will be.