I may not have won the cup with the 'fertility symbols' on it but I did win this one....

Jamesey1981

The Robin and Karolyn Hatt Memorial Trophy.

Best coin of 2020 for my Verica silver unit.

Bit hard to photograph as it had only been half polished so I thought it deserved a gentle spruce up, probably should have taken the photos before polishing it!

Very proud to have my name on it, sadly I'll have to give it back next year unless I manage to pull something out of the bag in the next few weeks, but I got a plaque to keep.
Attachments
20211208_121847.jpg
20211208_121833.jpg
20211208_121823.jpg
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Blackadder43

Well done Jamesey :clapping:
Now get back out there and find something that will let you keep it for a second year :ugeek:

When i was a nipper i was a whizz at the junior fishing competitions (truth be told there were usually only 10 of us :lol: )
But then in the adult section there were quite a few cups like this that were won on certain matches and kept for a year
I managed to win one once and had my name on it and kept it for a year
It does make you feel good too :thumbsup:
Jamesey1981

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:16 pm Well done Jamesey :clapping:
Now get back out there and find something that will let you keep it for a second year :ugeek:

When i was a nipper i was a whizz at the junior fishing competitions (truth be told there were usually only 10 of us :lol: )
But then in the adult section there were quite a few cups like this that were won on certain matches and kept for a year
I'm going to enter the quarter stater, it's not in good enough condition or unusual enough to win though.

I'm struggling with my back at the minute due to the unsettled weather so unless I get very lucky indeed on the couple of trips I'm likely to manage before the end of the year this will have someone else's name on it next year.

Nice to get my name on a trophy though, the last one was for kickboxing about 20 years ago!
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Metalurgy

We’ll done champ.
Dave The Slave

Well done, Jamesy :clapping:
Great to see someone from here win it.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Reiver

Well done Jamesey , :clapping:
figgis

Nice to see yer monicker inscribed forever more. Well done :thumbsup:

You've reminded me to have a snout about for my football trophies, though after two house moves I very much doubt they're going to turn up :(
mattjb

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:16 pm Well done Jamesey :clapping:

Did you grow up in Somerset? I fished for the Bristol club Silver Dace juniors as a kid and we used to fish matches on the kingsedgemoor and huntspill against a Somerset club but I can't remember which one.
Metalurgy

Those are Bridgwaters waters,so probably Bridgwater. :lol:
Blackadder43

mattjb wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:37 pm Did you grow up in Somerset? I fished for the Bristol club Silver Dace juniors as a kid and we used to fish matches on the kingsedgemoor and huntspill against a Somerset club but I can't remember which one.
Yeppers Bred and born here :ugeek:
Although i cant for the life of me know what we were called back then, didnt interest me in names , i just wanted worms and maggots on hooks and cast out lol
But i do recognise your Silver Dace club from the past
I'm 55 now so depending on your age its possible we faced each other in the Huntspill or the Sedgemoor :thumbsup:

I know we had people like the great Morris White (always falling asleep whilst fishing, but the kindest man you ever met) John Hand, Brian Webb, Mike and Reg Long
All great people who spent their own money on bait for us and lent us gear if we were short, transported us to locations
Fantastic guys with a couple still standing
Blackadder43

Metalurgy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:51 pm Those are Bridgwaters waters,so probably Bridgwater. :lol:
Huntspill was and still is our waters here to my knowledge :thumbsup:
mattjb

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 pm Yeppers Bred and born here :ugeek:
Although i cant for the life of me know what we were called back then, didnt interest me in names , i just wanted worms and maggots on hooks and cast out lol
But i do recognise your Silver Dace club from the past
I'm 55 now so depending on your age its possible we faced each other in the Huntspill or the Sedgemoor :thumbsup:

I know we had people like the great Morris White (always falling asleep whilst fishing, but the kindest man you ever met) John Hand, Brian Webb, Mike and Reg Long
All great people who spent their own money on bait for us and lent us gear if we were short, transported us to locations
Fantastic guys with a couple still standing
I'm 50 so yep quite possible we did fish against each other. sadly Silver Dace are no more . I enjoyed match fishing but when I got to 16 my love of pike fishing got the upper hand! Fished quite a few Somerset waters for pike, mainly cheddar res and chew but also a few of the drains,the Brue,axe, etc The levels are a lovely part of the world.
shaggybfc

Nice one :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

Well done and big congratulations :Star: :Party:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Gleaner

Well Done on winning the Trophy :Party: :clapping: Jamesey :thumbsup:
Hope you don`t mind me saying this but i think it would be nice to see photo`s added of the :Star: winning coin :Star: :thumbsup: for new members and anybody else who may have not seen the original post to show how nice a find that winning coin was
gleaner