ID help please

Stevieg

I wonder if you might be able to help with this please? It's in poor condition, but I think it may be Roman. If it is, it's my first one! The reverse is worn away unfortunately. I found it on my permission in Cambridgeshire, near Ely. Any help on who it is and date would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Roman.jpg
Pete E

Not an expert but it certainly looks like a Roman to me, and with some nice detail too.... :thumbsup:
Allectus

Carausius AE ant. ;)
figgis

Well done on your first Roman, Stevie, and one of an emperor famous for usurping the reign of Britain :thumbsup:

Might be worth posting up an image of the reverse to narrow it down. Perhaps go over it with a pencil, rub it lightly, then see if any remaining detail can be seen.
Stevieg

That's a good idea, thank you. I'll do that and see if anything shows up. Made me stupidly happy to find it!
Littleboot

Nothing stupid about being happy to find a nice coin from our ancient history. Very sensible to be happy about it, I'd say. :D
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."