Wellies With Strong Sole's?

Pete E

I current have a pair of Dunlop's wellies that were originally bought for fishing...They were not the very cheap Dunlop's you see around the place, but part of their professional range aimed at farmers and outdoor workers ect...

They have been good boots except that when digging, the sole tends to flex, and it can feel uncomfortable...So can anybody recommend a mid priced Welly with decent walking boot like soles?
Blackadder43

I have a pair of very posh farmers wellys with the flexible neoprene top half and sturdy as heck soles on them
They are stupid money to buy new, but i was luckly enough to attend an auction about 10 years ago that sold ex stock from various outlets etc
They retailed at £90 and i got them for £15 :shock:
Even my farmer was jealous when he saw them, and mentioned we were the same size feet :lol:
Still going strong now, although the neoprene is showing its age

Anyways, i had a quick look and i found you these :ugeek:
chloe0Untitled-1-920x613.jpg
The intersection of high fashion and muddy fields is provided by these wellies which are, frankly, startling, and about as far away from the standard Paddington Bear-type wellies as darkest Peru is from the King’s Road. The heels are high, the lines are exquisite, yet they’re as practical as you’ll need too, with welly-grade waterproofing and plenty of grip from those chunky soles — whether they’re churning through Dorset mud or sploshing through puddles in SW3.
Price:
£375 from Harrods
Allectus

mid priced Welly with decent walking boot like soles?

=================================================

Anything fitted with 'R soles' are quite sturdy. :thumbsup:
mattjb

Allectus wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:37 pm mid priced Welly with decent walking boot like soles?

The problem with the R soles is that they can be quite noisy at times
TheFenTiger

Allectus wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:37 pm mid priced Welly with decent walking boot like soles?

There are a lot a R soles in this hobby. Normally take £20 notes every weekend.
Dave
mattjb

You never know , he might get a serious answer at some point!
TheFenTiger

Unless you have protectors on your spade, the digging will go through most soles in my experience. You can get ones with re-enforced midsoles but they mainly come with steel toecaps. Even the boots I have had with metal in them have worn through. I have had the neoprene wellies but I tend to sweat in them which is obvious then I take them off. I use the cheap walking boots from Go Outdoors which tend to last 2-3 years and withstand zero looking after, fully waterproof and take no breaking in.
Dave
Charles Abbeyville

I'm not wearing 'high heels'!! :lol:
shaggybfc

I use a Black Ada spade and it eats through wellies / boots. My Muck-boots have lasted a while now, but I'm conscious to use my forefoot to press down on and not the midsole
Easylife once put up a link to some good boots with a digging plate in the sole for protection - but I can't find it now.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Pete E

I believe the wellies come fairly standard from the shop, but R soles are a post purchase addition to them.....
Pete E

TheFenTiger wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:50 pm Unless you have protectors on your spade, the digging will go through most soles in my experience. You can get ones with re-enforced midsoles but they mainly come with steel toecaps. Even the boots I have had with metal in them have worn through. I have had the neoprene wellies but I tend to sweat in them which is obvious then I take them off. I use the cheap walking boots from Go Outdoors which tend to last 2-3 years and withstand zero looking after, fully waterproof and take no breaking in.
I have got some decent boots now in the form of some British Army Cold and Wet Weather boots...Mine are by Iturri, but the same spec boots are also supplied under contract by Haix and Karrimor SF...I got a pair off eBay as Supergrade for £55 delivered and they were like brand new...

Although they are Goretex lined and waterproof, in very muddy conditions I would still prefer wellies if I can find any that are an improvement over my present ones....
alloverover

I've used these for several years now after falling out of love with Muckboots and never had a problem with them, wear them for work as well when needed.

https://www.abbeydaledirect.co.uk/brand ... ted-welly/
Easylife

shaggybfc wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:44 am

Easylife once put up a link to some good boots with a digging plate in the sole for protection - but I can't find it now.
They are Rockfall Titanium RF4500 composite boots, the only bit of metal is the side zip pull tag. They are well tough and the sole is not even marked in about a year's digging use. :thumbsup:
The Ambler's composite boots I had before them were crap, the spade punctured the soles and even the warranty replacements. I don't think that the first pair even had waterproof liners as my feet were soaked just walking through some wet grass. :shock:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
JohnDeus

alloverover wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:07 pm I've used these for several years now after falling out of love with Muckboots and never had a problem with them, wear them for work as well when needed.

https://www.abbeydaledirect.co.uk/brand ... ted-welly/
Same here m8 they are awesome :thumbsup: