Deus II delivery will be in January now…

TheFenTiger

Steve_JT wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:10 pm :thumbsup:

Sounds like Jeremy Clarkson talking about …….Jags….. best car……..in the world…….ever :lol:

Steve :thumbsup:
Maybe I should have said

Some might say...... the Nox is the best detector....in the world.....ever

But I guess that will still go over people's head
Dave
JohnDeus

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:40 pm ?

EDIT: Do you mean Gardonsolyn? That’s Gary Blackwell’s original YouTube channel he still uses too.
In the video link the American guys title says in his GAEDEN :lol:
I-Rutus

mattjb wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:46 pm Correct me if I'm wrong,but hasn't it been said that the nox isn't great in freshly ploughed and the deus 1 can outperform it in those conditions?
I think this may have something to do with a post I made earlier this year? although not quite correct. I found that my Nox had an issue with a very certain soil type, not the state of the field, that soil type was very soft fluffy dry soil, with lots of air in it, you could dig this with your hand, and you sank a couple of inches with each step, a very rare phenomenon that we only encountered on one or two farms.
The problem was that no matter what settings I tried, I could not get any significant depth, I did find stuff, including very small items, but all my finds were shallow, whereas Bob79 who was there alongside me with his Deus, was hitting far more targets and deeper too, this prompted me to buy an ORX as a backup machine just for these soil conditions, but unfortunately I never got the chance to try it out on this land due to ongoing health issues. And now I no longer have either the Nox or the ORX, so will never know for sure. :?:
mattjb

I-Rutus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:13 pm I think this may have something to do with a post I made earlier this year? although not quite correct. I found that my Nox had an issue with a very certain soil type, not the state of the field, that soil type was very soft fluffy dry soil, with lots of air in it, you could dig this with your hand, and you sank a couple of inches with each step, a very rare phenomenon that we only encountered on one or two farms.
The problem was that no matter what settings I tried, I could not get any significant depth, I did find stuff, including very small items, but all my finds were shallow, whereas Bob79 who was there alongside me with his Deus, was hitting far more targets and deeper too, this prompted me to buy an ORX as a backup machine just for these soil conditions, but unfortunately I never got the chance to try it out on this land due to ongoing health issues. And now I no longer have either the Nox or the ORX, so will never know for sure. :?:
Yep that story sounds familiar but it wasn’t just yours, when I was digging around on other forums as well I found similar from what I remember.
Saffron

I-Rutus wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:13 pm I think this may have something to do with a post I made earlier this year? although not quite correct. I found that my Nox had an issue with a very certain soil type, not the state of the field, that soil type was very soft fluffy dry soil, with lots of air in it, you could dig this with your hand, and you sank a couple of inches with each step, a very rare phenomenon that we only encountered on one or two farms.
I am certain it is the air pockets that cause the problems with the Nox, for nearly all detectorists these conditions are normally only found where it is ploughed ground hence people saying they do not like ploughed, but the resulting conditions are the same as you describe.

It is not only the Nox but the CTX also does not like these conditions (several years back I was on a dig and some fields were freshly ploughed, I was using the Makro Racer 2 it was not fantastic but it was beating the CTX and most of the CTX users very rapidly admitted defeat and went straight back to the pasture).

So, (as a Nox user), I agree on plough or any other very "fluffy airy" ground the Deus is a better machine. But in defence of the Nox nearly my permissions are old pasture where I think the Nox is slightly deeper, and I also sometimes do beaches and here the Nox is much superior.

But I am talking about the original Deus. IF the problem with ploughed ground is due to use of multi-frequency (which I suspect it is) then how will the Deus II handle it?. I have a feeling that it could well have the same issues. Will we see Deus II users complaining about lack of depth and false signals on plough while the original Deus users are slaughtering them??.

Evan
Blackadder43

Saffron wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:59 pm I am certain it is the air pockets that cause the problems with the Nox, for nearly all detectorists these conditions are normally only found where it is ploughed ground hence people saying they do not like ploughed, but the resulting conditions are the same as you describe.

It is not only the Nox but the CTX also does not like these conditions (several years back I was on a dig and some fields were freshly ploughed, I was using the Makro Racer 2 it was not fantastic but it was beating the CTX and most of the CTX users very rapidly admitted defeat and went straight back to the pasture).

Evan
I can vouch the Etrac didnt like newly ploughed fluffy land, tried a few times and my non minelab using friend could see finds my Etrac couldnt

Maybe it is just a multi frequency thing, if so then if the Deus II has mastered that then its a game changer for anyone with land thats often ploughed
Easylife

Saffron wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:59 pm IF the problem with ploughed ground is due to use of multi-frequency (which I suspect it is) then how will the Deus II handle it?. I have a feeling that it could well have the same issues. Will we see Deus II users complaining about lack of depth and false signals on plough while the original Deus users are slaughtering them??.
IF that is the issue then a solution could be to just run the SMF machine in single frequency?
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

A lot of Deus 1 users say that they get no depth at all on really dry ground, whereas the Nox gets great depth in the same conditions. I wonder if the Deus 2 will be as good, though maybe it's just a SMF thing? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Pete E

Easylife wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:16 am IF that is the issue then a solution could be to just run the SMF machine in single frequency?
In a post not too long ago somebody mentioned having similar issues with their Nox600 and commented switching to single frequency did not really help....I don't know which frequencies were tried and I would like to hear the experience of other Nox users before drawing any firm conclusions...
DaveP

It just seems there are too many variables to know what is really going on.

I remember field walking a farm I also detect. Recently disked to a fine tilth you could dig with your hands. I got talking to a chap with Deus 1 as he turned up a rose farthing. His comment was, 'it's useless for anything over 3" in this ground'. No idea how he was running it, his skill level etc.

I've also been on the same ground with a T2 after it had been subsoiled, disced and rolled. It struggled but beneath the lovely surface there were still large voids (coconut sized!). I've tried the Nox 600 on the same farm and it's fine but then they haven't subsoiled for a while so anybody's guess. And, there are fewer finds each year which means the Nox doesn't work ;)
figgis

DaveP wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:57 pm I got talking to a chap with Deus 1 as he turned up a rose farthing. His comment was, 'it's useless for anything over 3" in this ground'. No idea how he was running it, his skill level etc.
Maybe that particular soil was a lot more aerated than anything I've used mine on but 3" seems a bit shallow. On my ground I undoubtedly get less depth and the signals can be iffy where they otherwise wouldn't be, but stuff still comes up a spade's depth plus.
DaveP wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:57 pm there are fewer finds each year which means the Nox doesn't work ;)
:lol: