Anyone out tomorrow?

Oxgirl

I’m going on my first organised dig with a local, small group tomorrow. First one I’ve been on in about 18 months. Sounds like a good group - they are a not-for- profit with all proceeds going to the land owner minus basic expenses. Expectations of good finds are low (usually best in my experience) but looking forward to meeting up with Bob and a lady I know, but have never met, from Sassy Searchers, the ladies group of detectorists on Facebook.

Anyone else got any plans?
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
alloverover

Think I will have a couple of hours out with the Nox Cath, last chance saloon for it, if it dosent do something the Deus cant then its up the road for it :thumbsup:
Easylife

Not tomorrow as have jobs at home to finish off. But hope to get out a couple of times before it rains on Thursday. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:18 pm I’m going on my first organised dig with a local, small group tomorrow. First one I’ve been on in about 18 months.
I very occasionally do some local group dig, they make a nice change of land and scenery even though finds are quite a lottery. The last one I went on, the first with that club, targets were very sparse indeed though eventually a nice hammered saved the day! Good luck. :thumbsup:
Easylife

alloverover wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:31 pm If it dosent do something the Deus cant then it's up the road for it :thumbsup:
Shouldn't that be 'down the road'? Unless to a bloke who lives up your road? :Thinking: :lol:
Oxgirl

Easylife wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:40 pm Shouldn't that be 'down the road'? Unless to a bloke who lives up your road? :Thinking: :lol:
Depends if it’s being gently waived away or kicked with considerable force ;)
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:31 pm Think I will have a couple of hours out with the Nox Cath, last chance saloon for it, if it dosent do something the Deus cant then its up the road for it :thumbsup:
I was assuming you might be swayed to get a D2. Sure you could get it into the house without your better half noticing it was there ;)
Oxgirl

Easylife wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:36 pm The last one I went on, the first with that club, targets were very sparse indeed though eventually a nice hammered saved the day! Good luck. :thumbsup:
I find even expecting a single hammy might be over optimistic. Maybe Bob and I can have a competition to find the first toasted coin :Thinking: Or the first Roman grot? I can be like a fisherman and throw it back for someone else to reel in later :lol:
coal digger

I plan on a four hour stint with the Deus3 and then over with the simplex to hoike any last Denarii out 😁
Divide and Conquer
BuriedByTime&Dust

I'll be out tomorrow for a short while, but only in a digging capacity.

I've got my booster jab in the morning, but after that I've promised my niece that I'll take her to my local permission to try out her new detector (Nokta Makro Midi Hoard) that she recently got for her birthday. As mentioned, I'll only be wielding the spade and I'm hoping that she'll find something of interest.

Last time I took her there, she only found a button and two bits of lead, but was interested enough to pester my brother into buying her a detector :thumbsup:
mattjb

I won’t be going anywhere unfortunately. My covid prison sentence doesn’t end until the 23rd! :pulling hair out:
Pete E

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:05 pm I'll be out tomorrow for a short while, but only in a digging capacity.

I've got my booster jab in the morning, but after that I've promised my niece that I'll take her to my local permission to try out her new detector (Nokta Makro Midi Hoard) that she recently got for her birthday. As mentioned, I'll only be wielding the spade and I'm hoping that she'll find something of interest.

Last time I took her there, she only found a button and two bits of lead, but was interested enough to pester my brother into buying her a detector :thumbsup:
I think her Uncle should make sure she finds something good😉 Maybe if she were to find a pre decimal silver for instance, it will cement her confidence in her new machine and herself....
Pete E

If the weather is dry, I will be out for a few hours....I suspect we are going to be back in lockdown, if not before Christmas certainly shortly afterwards..The Netherlands are back in national lockdown already and I suspect we will follow......Given just how infectious this new variant is, it's hard to predict what shape this lockdown will take, but I suspect we won't be out detecting, at least initially....
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:51 pm Or the first Roman grot? I can be like a fisherman and throw it back for someone else to reel in later :lol:
:rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Easylife

mattjb wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:09 pm I won’t be going anywhere unfortunately. My covid prison sentence doesn’t end until the 23rd! :pulling hair out:
That's okay, the rest of us can search your permissions for you! :thumbsup: :lol: