What is on your 2022 bucket list?

Beckybue

It’s fascinating how different people’s bucket lists are!
I would give anything to find a Viking artefact or fragment of. I am half Danish and spent many years studying and teaching Viking Age history, and feel that I have earned the right to find a real life item from that era now 😂.
Oxgirl

Beckybue wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:01 pm It’s fascinating how different people’s bucket lists are!
I would give anything to find a Viking artefact or fragment of. I am half Danish and spent many years studying and teaching Viking Age history, and feel that I have earned the right to find a real life item from that era now 😂.
Does that mean you are good at ID’ing them? Or are good at sorting us when we get history questions? I love that era but have little knowledge, well not much beyond that imparted by the movie world :lol: I do know they had female warriors though and that makes me love them even more :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Oxgirl

coal digger wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:39 pm I'll keep this short and sweet.
Anything worn by a Roman soldier such as buckles,etc but more chance of going on a date with Zelda from Terrahawks.
Next time I find a Roman patch I’m calling you in to clear it :thumbsup: :Luv Ya:
figgis

coal digger wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:39 pm I'll keep this short and sweet.
Anything worn by a Roman soldier such as buckles,etc but more chance of going on a date with Zelda from Terrahawks.
I had to google Zelda. I've dated worse :thumbsup:

Know what you mean about military gear. I have a military pendant and although not much to look at it's one of my fave finds
I-Rutus

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 am I was thinking about this today cause I decided I need to kick myself up the rear and have a new list. We could all write a long list I’m sure so I’m going to try and keep it to something manageable for myself (your list can be what ever you like).

1. Coin - never found a commonwealth one so that’s my number one target for 2021
2. Artefact - I really, really want a gold posey ring but would be very happy with any ring pre 1600
3. The the unlikely - one of those round silver discs they attached to hawks, with the owners name on. And a gold coin. You can keep your gold sovereigns though, it has to be pre 1700 and not Roman ;)

What are you hoping to find in the next 12 months?
I thought top of your list Cath would be finding a Deus 2 :thumbsup: :lol:
bob79

I-Rutus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:27 pm I thought top of your list Cath would be finding a Deus 2 :thumbsup: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
bob79

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 am I was thinking about this today cause I decided I need to kick myself up the rear and have a new list. We could all write a long list I’m sure so I’m going to try and keep it to something manageable for myself (your list can be what ever you like).

1. Coin - never found a commonwealth one so that’s my number one target for 2021
2. Artefact - I really, really want a gold posey ring but would be very happy with any ring pre 1600
3. The the unlikely - one of those round silver discs they attached to hawks, with the owners name on. And a gold coin. You can keep your gold sovereigns though, it has to be pre 1700 and not Roman ;)

What are you hoping to find in the next 12 months?
How about a Charles I Civil War Crown Oxford mint, Cath.
JohnDeus

Not wanting to show off but i think i have found almost everything on most people wish list ( i am lucky ) So my wish list is 1.A Gold Roman coin , 2. A gold triple unite :lol:
Oxgirl

bob79 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:15 pm How about a Charles I Civil War Crown Oxford mint, Cath.
Now you mention it… :D :Thinking: :Party:

And the Deus II is on my list too. I’m seriously scared I won’t get one. I know I don’t really need one but I’ll be miserable if I miss out :(
Beckybue

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:30 pm Does that mean you are good at ID’ing them? Or are good at sorting us when we get history questions? I love that era but have little knowledge, well not much beyond that imparted by the movie world :lol: I do know they had female warriors though and that makes me love them even more :D
Sadly not! I’ve forgotten most of my knowledge and it was such a broad subject anyway that smaller artefacts and art of the time and what they could tell us about Viking culture and civilisation barely featured in the course at undergraduate level. If you’re interested, you should read Women in the Viking Age by Judith Jesch. It’s fascinating!