Trowel pouch

Oxgirl

I decided I needed a new hobby. Thought about a few but kept going back to the idea of doing leatherwork as it’s relatively quick and I like that you can do so many different things with it. Plus, if I get good, I can make handbags :blow kiss: I mean what more could a woman want? :D

So being the person I am I decided the beginners stuff was for babies and jumped straight into my first project at a slightly more advanced level. Well I’d watched YouTube videos so what could possibly go wrong?

Well I learnt one thing very quickly, like metal detectors don’t go and buy a starter kit from the rainforest site. It’s all rubbish! So after forking out a fortune for decent kit I ignored the cheap leather I already had and went straight in with the veg tanned quality stuff. Heck why not? I decided to create a holder for my Evolution digging blade :geek:

It took 3 days on and off, and isn’t perfect, but I’m chuffed with my first attempt. What do you think?
Attachments
014F7839-EF69-45ED-8AB0-97F44AE2B09F.jpeg
A88C6DBD-2D5F-493B-8C77-CECCC784C3DD.jpeg
C6221FEF-DD9A-471D-9BF1-2431AC074836.jpeg
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bors

Excellent start . :thumbsup:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
shaggybfc

Are you taking orders? :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Paint

That’s a great start would look great on my finds belt is it pinpointer next :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

shaggybfc wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:17 pm Are you taking orders? :thumbsup:
My order is already in.....form a queue please :thumbsup:

That looks the business Cath....nice one :Star:

We do have some talented people on the forums ....artists, couple of leather workers, musicians, photographers, great ID people....
Excellent stuff....
Oxgirl

shaggybfc wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:17 pm Are you taking orders? :thumbsup:
No but I may create some for future competitions on here :D I just need to make a perfect one first :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Paint wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 pm That’s a great start would look great on my finds belt is it pinpointer next :thumbsup:
I know someone who needs a finds pouch so that’s next. I found a whole hide for car seats in the garage and neither my husband or I know how it got there. Honestly we really don’t :shock: Anyway it’s a lovely quality black leather one so I can get quite a few things out of it. Be a lot easier to stitch than the thick leather so I’m really looking forward to doing that next :D
the-roman

Cath, that is a cracking piece of kit you made there. without sounding like I am picking fault, may I suggest a small strap with that push button thingy around the handle just to save it from falling out and getting lost? :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

the-roman wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:32 pm Cath, that is a cracking piece of kit you made there. without sounding like I am picking fault, may I suggest a small strap with that push button thingy around the handle just to save it from falling out and getting lost? :thumbsup:
Good suggestion :D :thumbsup:

Whilst it’s as snug as a bug in a rug in there there’s always the risk it could fall out :D
Easylife

What a great start. :thumbsup:
It could accumulate mud and moisture so perhaps if the bottom end was left open? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
I-Rutus

You need to make a car key pouch next, so you don't have to leave them in the hedge😆😁😂
Steve_JT

Nice work :thumbsup:

Perhaps the Mk II could have a metal eyelet at the bottom to let moisture and dirt out, also to thread a string to secure and stop it flapping about?

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Bors

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm I decided I needed a new hobby. Thought about a few but kept going back to the idea of doing leatherwork as it’s relatively quick and I like that you can do so many different things with it. Plus, if I get good, I can make handbags :blow kiss: I mean what more could a woman want? :D

So being the person I am I decided the beginners stuff was for babies and jumped straight into my first project at a slightly more advanced level. Well I’d watched YouTube videos so what could possibly go wrong?

Well I learnt one thing very quickly, like metal detectors don’t go and buy a starter kit from the rainforest site. It’s all rubbish! So after forking out a fortune for decent kit I ignored the cheap leather I already had and went straight in with the veg tanned quality stuff. Heck why not? I decided to create a holder for my Evolution digging blade :geek:

It took 3 days on and off, and isn’t perfect, but I’m chuffed with my first attempt. What do you think?
Did you stitch it by hand or Machine Cath ?
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
TerraBritannia

Do you know what Cath, that is something that I've fancied trying too. You've done a great job with the pouch. :thumbsup:
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
figgis

Well, if that's a first attempt I think you've got a natural talent for this mullarkey. That's cracking work :thumbsup:

Loving the DH logo on it - very profeshneal :D :thumbsup: