Anton Rotary Club rally 19th-20th September

Oxgirl

Note please contact the organisers, not us :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,
It's so good to be back!!

During the Covid19 lockdown our Rotary Club has been very active in supporting the many charities and organisations locally that have been struggling to continue their work with severely reduced income. So far, since the middle of March we have donated over £15,000....This has left our coffers rather depleted so..........

I am delighted to invite you to our Rally over the weekend of September 19th and 20th.

Our farmer has given us 4 fields totaling 85 acres that are new to us but close to fields that we have detected in previous years and which proved productive. They may be soft barley stubble, but he has promised to do his best to cultivate them in time for the dig.

There is a pub and shop within spitting distance and an excellent camping field.
We will provide hot food on both days as usual as well as breakfast on Sunday.

Now for the nitty gritty.
Cost per person per day is £12.50, £25.00 for the weekend.
Camping on Saturday night including Sunday breakfast and two days detecting £40.00 per person
Camping on Friday night £5.00

If you've detected with us before, and you are on our mailing list you will soon receive an invitation email from Tony our treasurer.

If you haven't been on one of our rallies, we would love to see you [81/] , you can be sure of a warm welcome and all you have to do to book a place is to send a cheque made out to Anton Rotary Club for the appropriate amount to Rotarian Tony Lynn, 4 Red Rice Road Upper Clatford, Andover Hampshire SP11 7PU
Please stipulate the days you are paying for and whether you are camping.
Finally....PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND A CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER.
Confirmation of your place and all further information will be by email.

Take care everyone, stay safe, look forward to meeting up in September.

Mike Walton
Anton Rotary Club
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

They are very brave going ahead with this in the current circumstances..

Hopefully the situation will not deteriorate any further to warrant another wide spread lockdown...
Oxgirl

Very true Pete. I believe they’ll be putting strict protocols in place :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

So who from here has got their name down for this?
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

shaggybfc wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm So who from here has got their name down for this?
Doing Saturday :D
Pete E

shaggybfc wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 pm So who from here has got their name down for this?
Sadly, it would be a 400 mile round trip for me, which is just a bit too far....
I-Rutus

I have to work, which is a shame as I like to support this rally
Dave The Slave

I will be there Sunday.
Saturdays are out for me as I work Friday nights.
Enjoyed last years, smaller event.
Rodney Cooke rally was too big for me last year.
Good luck anyone else who goes. :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

Pete E wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:47 pm Sadly, it would be a 400 mile round trip for me, which is just a bit too far....
I-Rutus wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 am I have to work, which is a shame as I like to support this rally
Hopefully we’ll see you both at another one before too long!
bob79

I-Rutus wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 am I have to work, which is a shame as I like to support this rally
😥😥😥
bob79

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:40 pm Doing Saturday :D
😁😁😎
bob79

Me and possibly Evan :thumbsup:
Saffron

For clarity I am NOT connected to the event or organisers, but have attended it several times in the past.

Obviously with the current situation regarding Covid-19 the organisers are taking a certain risk commiting to this event. But when the decision was made to go ahead things were looking better and going in the right direction. With events like this they can not be arranged at 5 minutes notice so they had to make a decision one way or the other at that time. As stated in the e-mail since mid-march they have donated over £15,000 so you can see why they would try to go ahead with the event if possible.

This is not as big, by a long way, as the Rodney Cooke event which was mentioned earlier in the thread. So "Social distancing" should be possible - if people use common sense.

The event organisers are very experienced so should be able to allow for whatever restrictions are in place, and as Oxgirl said I am sure will have strict protocols in place.

What is not mentioned in that e-mail is that they prefer payment by cheque !. The reason for this is simple, in the worst case with the event being cancelled at short notice they will tear the cheques up .... as they are only going to bank them after the event.
Admittedly in my case I said "sod finding cheque book and stamps" so paid by paypal and said if it was cancelled to keep it as a donation as they do such a good job for local charities - so if others are willing to do the same that is acceptable.

I will be there all weekend and look forward to meeting folks I have not seen for a long time, and making new friends.

Evan
shaggybfc

Thanks Evan. Do you know how to pay through PayPal, who to pay / contact etc? I'd also be happy for them to keep my money if it got cancelled?
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

shaggybfc wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm Thanks Evan. Do you know how to pay through PayPal, who to pay / contact etc? I'd also be happy for them to keep my money if it got cancelled?
I can PM you the bank account details and other instructions Andy if you prefer that?