The Detecnicks fun weekender 7th - 9th August

the-roman

There are a few of us going to The Detecnicks fun weekender 7th-9th AUG. If anyone is going from here then feel free to come over and say hi and have a drink with us, social distancing of course :thumbsup: we will be flying our usual flag by our tents. you can't miss it, it's Wessex Searchers. :thumbsup: we use this to find our way back at night. nothing worse than unzipping a tent to see a hairy arse staring back at you that you don't recognise. can be very awkward trying to explain yourself :D
Pete E

the-roman wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:06 pm There are a few of us going to The Detecnicks fun weekender 7th-9th AUG. If anyone is going from here then feel free to come over and say hi and have a drink with us, social distancing of course :thumbsup: we will be flying our usual flag by our tents. you can't miss it, it's Wessex Searchers. :thumbsup: we use this to find our way back at night. nothing worse than unzipping a tent to see a hairy arse staring back at you that you don't recognise. can be very awkward trying to explain yourself :D
Any further details? Location? Who to contact to book etc?

Regards,

Peter
the-roman

It's fully booked mate as far as I know but you need to join facebook group DORSET & WEST PASTFINDERS. they are a great bunch and do absolutely loads for charity :thumbsup:
the-roman

we are also going to Detectorfest – august 27th – 30th Ancaster/Welby so again if you want to have a drink with us same thing applies :thumbsup:
Pete E

the-roman wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm It's fully booked mate as far as I know but you need to join facebook group DORSET & WEST PASTFINDERS. they are a great bunch and do absolutely loads for charity :thumbsup:
Thanks for that ..I'm afraid I don't do FB but thanks again anyway!!
muddy mick

the-roman wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 pm we are also going to Detectorfest – august 27th – 30th Ancaster/Welby so again if you want to have a drink with us same thing applies :thumbsup:
Just reading a post on FB, where someone had written a review after attending Detectorfest which was highly critical to say the least, and someone associated with the rally, had basically threatened to pay him a visit and do untold damage to him, not a very good image of the hobby :thumbdown:
Pete E

muddy mick wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:33 pm Just reading a post on FB, where someone had written a review after attending Detectorfest which was highly critical to say the least, and someone associated with the rally, had basically threatened to pay him a visit and do untold damage to him, not a very good image of the hobby :thumbdown:
Not good for the hobby nor does do the credibility of the person concerned any good either.

This "Hand Bags At Dawn" mentality is one of the reasons I won't do Facebook...
the-roman

I did hear about threats etc, but I don't know who the person or persons concerned were. :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

And we aren't going to air any names here please :thumbsup:

I’ll lock this one off in case anyone is tempted :Luv Ya:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking