thank you all

Rab

Hi many thanks for allowing me into your group, my name is Rob and live in Isle of Man and have been detecting since around 1986, current detector is XP Deus X35 coil 11"many thanks again
cheers Rob
Paint

Welcome aboard Rab :thumbsup: you must have a nice collection of finds for over 30 years of detecting
Oxgirl

Hi Rob, welcome to the hub.
I don’t know much about detecting in the Isle of Man but imagine it’s got lots of history. Enjoy your time with us :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Rab

Paint wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:26 am Welcome aboard Rab :thumbsup: you must have a nice collection of finds for over 30 years of detecting
yes have found a few bits and pieces will put some bits on :thumbsup:
Rab

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 am Hi Rob, welcome to the hub.
I don’t know much about detecting in the Isle of Man but imagine it’s got lots of history. Enjoy your time with us :thumbsup:
Hi many thanks for that, we have a great history here and there ws a large viking presence here with some fantastic finds , there are no recorded finds of staters over hereof Roman finds but we cant under stand why as IOM is bang in the middle of the Irish Sea maybe one day something will turn up
Littleboot

Hello Rab/Rob (not sure which it is! :lol: )

Nice to have someone aboard from a different corner. I have never been to the Isle of Man....though hubby has and enjoyed it very much. Rained a tad when he was there but apparently kagools are standard issue on arrival. Pete came home wanting me to do some odd cheesy chips with gravy thing he developed a taste for over there. The cycling etc I have seen filmed there shows countryside reminiscent to me of North Wales and Cumbria, which seems logical.
Extremely interested to see what kinds of things you find. I imagine the history is steeped in Vikings. But I only have superficial ideas so it will be good to find out some facts about it.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Easylife

Hi Rob and welcome, it will be interesting to see some of your finds. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Rab

Littleboot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 am Hello Rab/Rob (not sure which it is! :lol: )

Nice to have someone aboard from a different corner. I have never been to the Isle of Man....though hubby has and enjoyed it very much. Rained a tad when he was there but apparently kagools are standard issue on arrival. Pete came home wanting me to do some odd cheesy chips with gravy thing he developed a taste for over there. The cycling etc I have seen filmed there shows countryside reminiscent to me of North Wales and Cumbria, which seems logical.
Extremely interested to see what kinds of things you find. I imagine the history is steeped in Vikings. But I only have superficial ideas so it will be good to find out some facts about it.
Hi I will reply to you properly in a couple of days as Iam not at home until Thursday and phone is not good So will reply properly in a couple of days
Cheers for now
Rob
figgis

Welcome, Rob - great to have you here :thumbsup:

Totally understand the reluctance to post stuff on a phone - I'm allergic to that, too. But look forward to seeing what you've gleaned over the years when you're able :D
hammeredsi

love to see your finds. All I remember about Isle of Man 35 years ago on a school trip was a very rough ferry crossing with urine and puke prevalent on the ferry toilet floor. I remember holding on for dear life at the the urinal after drinking many beers (no id required then) so as not to slip on to the floor. I remember a very peaceful island, very beautiful. Again good beer in the pub. I remember nothing of the marine wildlife we came to observe except for the clams and consequently failed my marine biology A level. Happy Days. :D
Rab

Hi everyone many thanks for the warm welcome , have been on a staycation and the wifi on my phone is crap,so couldn't get back to you all , the Isleof Man is a wonder full place to live with a lot of history ,mainly viking, we have a few Roman coins found but only a few and there hasn't been any celtic units found here, we cant understand the lake of roman and Celtic bits as we are strategically placed bang in the Irish Sea does make you wonder there has been quite a few Bronze Age swords and axe heads found though, we are extremely fortunate in that we are covid free being able to close the sea and air links, and iam luck that all my permissions are at most a 10 min drive from my house.
As i said previously have been detecting on and of since the mid eighties and have made a few nice finds.and have been lucky enough to find with a couple of friends a hoard of Edward 1st pennys ,we dont find all the hammereds that you guys in the UK find we might be lucky to find one in a couple of years , some of our club members have never found 1, gold is also very hard to find a few sovereigns have come up with detectors but thats all, i through the years have found enough iron to start a scrap yard , i will put some bits up presently cheers for now Rob