Out With OxGirl... The finds

I-Rutus

As promised here are the finds from a couple of hours on OG's permission. Most of the finds are pretty straight forward , but I have no idea as to the lead item that looks like a cartridge case? any idea's...

Dave The Slave

Always interesting to see items marked W.Germany. Many youngsters would be unaware of the division after the war and then reunification.
No idea on the lead piece.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Bors

Well done and I like the little bit of bronze with the small cross on it . I bet when it was whole it was a nice little Item.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Oxgirl

The annular pin has a nice design. There are lots of annular buckles on this permission and always a welcome sight. Ok I think I got a bit bored after finding 6 in a few weeks but I was a spoilt brat. Not had one since!

The lead thing is unusual. I wondered if it was civil war related as there was a lot of civil war activity here? I have found numerous lead gun powder measures.

The buckle has a lovely silver coating with a leaf design, the photos don't do it justice.

Did better than me Kevin!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Mucky

The bronze item looks like it could once have been a ring? Found a Georgian ring with similar design?
Most likely not looking at the difference in the end diameters.. But if it turned out to be more modern and not a ring I would still say Georgian.
Just a guess! :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Mucky wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:31 pm The bronze item looks like it could once have been a ring? Found a Georgian ring with similar design?
Most likely not looking at the difference in the end diameters.. But if it turned out to be more modern and not a ring I would still say Georgian.
Just a guess! :thumbsup:
It’s the pin of an annular buckle :Luv Ya:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Mucky

I beg your pardon. It's been a long day for me and I didn't read the post properly. Sorry folks.
I'm a terrible blunder poster.. lol :oops: :Luv Ya:
Ladybird66

2nd attempt, shortened. Nice pin, poor old buckle, the oddity.?
I’m sure I remember seeing something similar. Don’t quote me, I could be a mile off !
It looks like an attachment for a cattle wormer. The hole in the top was fir a tube which was pushed down the poor animals throat.
Amazing what find isn’t it. Even more amazing is what we remember from years back. But like I said, it’s only a maybe.
hammeredsi

better luck next time is the truth, but to be out searching and taking in the fresh air with the hope of a great find next time is all we need. It's still very nice to see what you did get and yes the annular pin is the find of the day. There will be more in that field :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

That pin is off a really nice big annular brooch :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.