Hello

North Ranger

Hi Folks
Brand new to the site and just trying to navigate around, not the greatest on this type of thing.
Great to find a detecting resource without having to get involved with Facebook etc (no interest in that).
Had a couple of cheapo kids detectors many years ago. Started back a couple of years back with Garrett 250 and now use the Simplex. Loving the hobby and finding a few things here in the north Highlands.
Hello to everyone on here and hope to get more involved as I become more familiar with things. Cheers Paul 👍
Oxgirl

Welcome Paul :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy the hub. We’re a friendly lot. If you have any questions please don’t ever hesitate to ask on here or contact one of the moderating team :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
North Ranger

Many thanks I look forward to using the hub and getting to know other detecting folk.😁
Blackadder43

Welcome in Paul :thumbsup: .....pull up a sandbag and see whats going on in here

I created a small 15 minute video earlier today that highlights some of the features of using our forum, which you may find useful

The Ace 250 when it came out was a great machine, it punched well above its price in terms of performance

Similar now with the Nokta Simplex, that is a lot of machine for its price
Looking forward to hearing some of your stories and seeing some of the finds you make with it in the future :thumbsup:
Paint

Welcome aboard Paul I also started with a garrett :thumbsup: good entree detector to see if you get the bug
Easylife

Hi Paul and welcome. How's the rain up that way?
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
shaggybfc

Hi and welcome. Garrett make good machine - no nonsense, easy to use. How are you liking the Simplex? :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Bors

Hi and nice to see you. Please join in the conversations and have a chat. :thumbsup:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
North Ranger

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:42 pm Welcome in Paul :thumbsup: .....pull up a sandbag and see whats going on in here

I created a small 15 minute video earlier today that highlights some of the features of using our forum, which you may find useful

The Ace 250 when it came out was a great machine, it punched well above its price in terms of performance

Similar now with the Nokta Simplex, that is a lot of machine for its price
Looking forward to hearing some of your stories and seeing some of the finds you make with it in the future :thumbsup:
Hi Blackadder
Thanks for the kind welcome and the very useful YouTube video which I just watched and it was indeed very helpful.

Yes I enjoyed using the Ace 250 to get back in the swing of things. As you say a very capable detector but not the best on the beach. The Simplex is brilliant and so affordable I'm delighted with it. Works an absolute treat on the beach and no worries getting it wet👍.

I need to sort some more permissions but I do have a couple.

Thanks for your help with getting started on the forum :thumbsup:
North Ranger

Paint wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:49 pm Welcome aboard Paul I also started with a garrett :thumbsup: good entree detector to see if you get the bug
Yes indeed the 250 was good but love using the Simplex now. Love the hobby ❤️
North Ranger

Easylife wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 am Hi Paul and welcome. How's the rain up that way?
Hi Easylife
Weather is brilliant today warm and breezy to keep the dreaded midges off. I went out yesterday but no wind and got eaten alive so cut session short. Hopefully out later today fingers crossed 🤞thanks for the welcome.
North Ranger

shaggybfc wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:28 am Hi and welcome. Garrett make good machine - no nonsense, easy to use. How are you liking the Simplex? :thumbsup:
Hi Shaggybfc

Enjoyed the Garret but absolutely loving the simplex especially on the beach. Thanks :thumbsup:
North Ranger

Bors wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:54 am Hi and nice to see you. Please join in the conversations and have a chat. :thumbsup:
Hi Bors
Thanks for the welcome. Just getting use to the site, I'm not the best on this stuff hope I'm doing it correctly :Thinking:
Bors

Your doing fine ,so feel free to just start or add onto any conversations running, It`s that easy. :D :thumbsup:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
figgis

Hi Paul, and welcome :thumbsup:

As said above, you seem to be managing navigation of the firum just fine, but if you have any queries, just shout.