A little bit of everything!

HolzHammer

Evening All,
I battled the barley stubble for a couple of hours in Herts this afternoon and had a nice general turnout! Nothing particularly special though my heart literally stopped for a second or two when i saw the first little "swirls" of the "gold".... I had to pause for a moment then it all too quickly became no earlier than Edwardian in my guessing! #rats! still quite nice though - i think it must be a badge of sorts... a pretty worn Edward hammy, a really nice conditioned little lead token, a Georgian Condor token? An early fibula and a couple of late Georgians and a mount of sorts...

I was also experimenting with the XP Deus puck out of the back phones and on the wrist with a set of earbuds as I wanted to switch quickly between the Deep and Hot programmes over the stubble - the idea being to get the signal with Deep and cross referring with the Hot and at the sae time being abe to see the "numbers" ... all good and well but I'm not used to all the fannying about and quickly switched back to "aural only" with the back phones ... I think the new method will have its day though... with bit of practice!

Hope you are all well and hanging to get out a bit!
All the B
Alexander
Attachments
IMG_3415.jpg
IMG_3413.jpg
IMG_341.jpg
figgis

Now that, A, is a seriously good day's work :thumbsup:

So encouraging to find items from a wide range of dates on a site: you know people have been on it for a considerable time and the odds are high that there's more to come :thumbsup:
Easylife

A nice bit of gold. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Littleboot

Good selection and wide sweep of dates....and of course the bling to cap it off. All amounts to an enjoyable and rewarding dig! Can't say my barley stubble is playing the game at the mo. I have found it super dry and it is too hot to detect. (36 today) So its a bit frustrating to say the least...but nice to see someone getting some nice finds biting.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
HolzHammer

Littleboot wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 pm Good selection and wide sweep of dates....and of course the bling to cap it off. All amounts to an enjoyable and rewarding dig! Can't say my barley stubble is playing the game at the mo. I have found it super dry and it is too hot to detect. (36 today) So its a bit frustrating to say the least...but nice to see someone getting some nice finds biting.
Warm here too... but my ground is diggable and quite crumbly so not a bad trade off...!
HolzHammer

Easylife wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 pm A nice bit of gold. :thumbsup:
I wish it were!!!
Blackadder43

That field does hold some potential though, quite an age range of finds you had there
Good luck for future forays into that field :thumbsup:
Dont forget to greet the field and thank it afterwards, nature smiles kindly on recognition :D
Tree hugger...moi? :lol:
Dave The Slave

A very good day out, Alex.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.