Not so good yesterday

shaggybfc

The fields I’ve been searching recently, the ones that have returned some great finds, has been spread with muck and received a light plough. The farmer has said they will be seeded in the next couple of weeks, then I’ll have to come off until it’s harvested. :cry:

So this story goes to prove what has been discussed recently in a few topics about the luck / feel of a field and some days are good and some are not so good.
I actually went back into this field thinking that the mineralisation of cow muck would affect the machine. Then thinking that in the dry conditions the ploughing would have introduced air pockets, therefore affecting the search..... and I was sort of right. I wasn't getting the good vibes. I was getting a few ghost signals and no find greater than 6”. Now I don’t know if this was due to my pessimism on the day or actually down to conditions..... I think maybe it was a bit of both.

Don’t get me wrong, a few interesting items came up and I was pleased.

A nice bit of bronze pot-leg.
A few Georgian coins - toasted
A religious pendant - modern
A holed coin - looks like a threepence?
A broken lead toy
A nice bit of flint
Several buttons
And plenty of lead

Needless to say, I’ve booked tomorrow off work and will be back in the field to continue the search. :thumbsup:

I’ll post a few of curios up for ID
Attachments
BF5CD36B-9C49-4350-827B-DC17B6203D4B.jpeg
0F76D79D-BF9D-49B5-95B3-76EFEA621A25.jpeg
E95130C6-85CA-482F-BCC9-5A3FA22457EE.jpeg
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
figgis

That you were kept interested is the most important thing, eh? Even if nothing special turns up, the simplest of finds can keep the enthusiasm simmering nicely :thumbsup:

Had many days like that :D
Blackadder43

Thanks for putting your warts an all finds up fella
It just shows people wanting to try the hobby, that not every day is a hammy day :thumbsup:
And a smelly field to boot, thats where wearing gloves is quite an important thing for us to remember too
Steve_JT

A very typical detecting day we all have, as said, newbies need to be directed to posts such as this to show the reality of detecting
It’s not all gold and silver

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Easylife

A mixed variety of finds and not too many buttons, looks an interesting field. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bors

shaggybfc wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 pm The fields I’ve been searching recently, the ones that have returned some great finds, has been spread with muck and received a light plough. The farmer has said they will be seeded in the next couple of weeks, then I’ll have to come off until it’s harvested. :cry:

So this story goes to prove what has been discussed recently in a few topics about the luck / feel of a field and some days are good and some are not so good.
I actually went back into this field thinking that the mineralisation of cow muck would affect the machine. Then thinking that in the dry conditions the ploughing would have introduced air pockets, therefore affecting the search..... and I was sort of right. I wasn't getting the good vibes. I was getting a few ghost signals and no find greater than 6”. Now I don’t know if this was due to my pessimism on the day or actually down to conditions..... I think maybe it was a bit of both.

Don’t get me wrong, a few interesting items came up and I was pleased.

A nice bit of bronze pot-leg.
A few Georgian coins - toasted
A religious pendant - modern
A holed coin - looks like a threepence?
A broken lead toy
A nice bit of flint
Several buttons
And plenty of lead

Needless to say, I’ve booked tomorrow off work and will be back in the field to continue the search. :thumbsup:

I’ll post a few of curios up for ID
Sounds just like the fields I do . :D :thumbsup:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Telstar

Still better than me, drop stuff in a bucket and I can't find it at the moment :lol: :lol:

Hope the next outing is a better one, hope to show my new toy some grass for the first time next week now it's been cut, so looking forward to having a play.

Kev :thumbsup: