Ampulla - I'd by Mr.A

Blackadder43

I do love a nice Ampulla :thumbsup:
As has been said it was a great business line with all bases covered

If you dont have your fields blessed then crops will fail and the plague will descend
Said in a time of rife disease and poor farming, and gullible fearing folk

If they did buy one and the crops failed or the plague struck, then you can blame it all on your sins of the past....

I wonder how much they did go for, or if the Pilgrims got a 2 for 1 deal?
Or was the blessing of the fields free?
Oxgirl

I always wondered how many weren’t pilgrim ones but ones the local church sold and you could fill with their holy water? Maybe it was water the priest or a parishioner brought back from some special holy place (rather like the water that is still sold in lots of places like Fatima and Lourdes), or maybe a local holy spring nearby?

Presuming the fashion for these was squashed at the reformation or was it earlier?
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Littleboot

I often wonder if, by taking away an ampulla, I am dooming the farmer concerned to poor crops. I cannot tell because everytime I ask my farmers how things are going ...regardless of weather, season , or if I have removed an ampulla or not.....it is always a shake of the head and a tale of woe. :lol:
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
figgis

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:22 am I always wondered how many weren’t pilgrim ones but ones the local church sold and you could fill with their holy water? Maybe it was water the priest or a parishioner brought back from some special holy place
The stream out back of the building behind the karzies, morelike. ;)