Couple of hours on the Beach

Dave The Slave

Back on the beach at 5am.
May leave it another 20 minutes next week as it was still dark, although the promenade was illuminated.
Saw the same detectorist as last week, making his way to the beach, bare footed.
Two large tents in the section i wanted to do, so let the other guy have the area.
Walking up to the 2nd target area , 3 tents on beach, not supposed to be there.
Did the next groyne section, few coins, not much value, lots of Beer bottle tops. First find was actually the proverbial toy car, a Hotwheels, Datsun 240 Z, a Far East copy of the Capri Ghia in my eyes. Now seem to have more cars than Boycie
As already said in a reply to Steve about re using finds, lots of plastic play ware left behind. Buckets, spades, moulds, scoops. Massive amounts of rubbish bagged alongside the numerous overflowing rubbish bins. The dustcart was making it`s way along the Prom, for what would be the first of many runs during the day to keep emptying the easily filled bins. Walking down past the car park, someone had loaded their youngster into the car and left the pushchair just standing there in the parking space.
No Mr sand tractor down this part this week. Spent a good hour in this section, found a trinket, which i assumed was a St Christopher made of Aluminium.
Later when getting back to car, could see it had Mary on it with a script. Looking it up.
https://search.aol.co.uk/click/_ylt=Awr ... KmfRG7Av8-
Not seen one of these before.
Did a slow walk up to where i had a couple of small pocket spills last week, no further coinage, which was disappointing given the amount of beach goers over the last 3 days.
Tally at the end of the session was 2 pounds &.47p, at least i achieved my summer prerequisite of 2 quid..
Weather was warm, warm enough to wear shorts in public for the first time this year.
Heading back to car, quite a few people on the beach, although they had secured their socially isolated areas, once the beach fills, it gets packed, as do the dustbins.
Thunder forecast for 3 days.
May give the Bounty Hunter a run in the sand next week, at least i can discriminate by using tones, as ringpulls come in the same as a 20p, on the 400i and bottle tops come in the same as those metal oncers.
See what next week brings.
Good Luck all, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

5am? Gawd rather you than me but glad you had lots of finds to compensate for your lack of sleep :D

Glad you got to watch the sunrise and enjoy a pretty deserted beach too :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Well done fella...i had only been in bed a couple of hours when you were rising and walking on the beach :lol:

In my youth i had a 3 litre gold Capri Ghia....heavy car but lovely drive :thumbsup:

You almost inspired me to go to the beach....almost..
They are frugal people round these parts, most can peel an orange in their pockets :lol:
Littleboot

well done Dave.....the pendant is a design also popular in France . the aluminium probably places it from just before the war to just after when it was popular.

I must admit to going to the beach on monday...it was a very hot here (38) and a cooler 29 at the coast so it was a no-brainer to escape the stifling humidity. So a day at Houlgate swimming in the sea and picnic on the beach, collecting shells etc The detectors were left firmly at home because of the heat.....so i had to curb thoughts of stuff I was missing. :lol:
I still found a toy car though when i was looking for shells. (jeep) :)
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Dave The Slave

'' the pendant is a design also popular in France . the aluminium probably places it from just before the war to just after when it was popular."
Quite right, Jan.
Had run out of photos but the back says France at the bottom and the aluminium is exactly like that they used on their wartime coins. Couple of which i was given 50 years ago and was studying the previous night fore a rare mintmark.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.