NCMD statement regarding IoD (14/08/2020

Mucky

Dave77 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:59 pm Same for me.
All my permissions are for me but I try and take out someone who has no land and show what is possible when they get it. I have been to a few rallys over here but there is maybe 1 a year. I like having the 3rd party liability cover from NCMD but thats it.
Quite right.. All I ask from the NCMD is insurance.
I will not respect the demands of any further imposed authority. I will NOT comply.
Dave77

Mucky wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:34 pm Quite right.. All I ask from the NCMD is insurance.
I will not respect the demands of any further imposed authority. I will NOT comply.
Neither will I. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Dave
Manticore
Nox 800
Littleboot

Quoting JCMaloney.....
France had a slightly different approach to detecting under their Code Du Patrimoine Article L542-1.
Like the UK you need the landowners permission and also written permission from the local prefecture (Mayors office).

This is incorrect. I recall that another Normandy detectorist of long-standing has had to correct this in the past as well.
The Prefecture is not the Maire for a start. And the only time you would need to ask is if your were intending to search a historic site. I know this because I know the Maire (I detect his land) and I also know the workings of the Prefecture in Caen (a massive City/County Hall.) They simply have zero interest in wasting time on permissions for people to detect open fields in the back of beyond. You simply ask the landowner. You don't detect protected sites (which actually do exist here in France as well....i know of several in my close proximity) and if you find something significant you stop digging. In practice it is essentially the same as in the UK.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
jcmaloney

Littleboot wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 pm Quoting JCMaloney.....
France had a slightly different approach to detecting under their Code Du Patrimoine Article L542-1.
Like the UK you need the landowners permission and also written permission from the local prefecture (Mayors office).

This is incorrect. I recall that another Normandy detectorist of long-standing has had to correct this in the past as well.
The Prefecture is not the Maire for a start. And the only time you would need to ask is if your were intending to search a historic site. I know this because I know the Maire (I detect his land) and I also know the workings of the Prefecture in Caen (a massive City/County Hall.) They simply have zero interest in wasting time on permissions for people to detect open fields in the back of beyond. You simply ask the landowner. You don't detect protected sites (which actually do exist here in France as well....i know of several in my close proximity) and if you find something significant you stop digging. In practice it is essentially the same as in the UK.
Duly noted, when I went in 2016 I was recommended to have both.
Albert (landowner) said it would be needed if stopped by a Forestiere (sp ?).
Our friends live down near Vabre. Lovely place to detect but you can walk for miles and wonder if the machine is turned on! :D
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
Littleboot

jcmaloney wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Duly noted, when I went in 2016 I was recommended to have both.
Albert (landowner) said it would be needed if stopped by a Forestiere (sp ?).
Our friends live down near Vabre. Lovely place to detect but you can walk for miles and wonder if the machine is turned on! :D
:lol: Oh i have lots of those as well. I call them my 'spade-touching' fields. Because I have to waft my coil past my spade to check. :lol:

It very much depends where you are in France. Out here in the back of rural Normandy I get a wave now and then from a passing tractor and sometimes one stops to ask me if I will detect his land. They are fascinated by the whole thing.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."