Anniversary bottle trip

Kenleyboy

It is my 30th Wedding Anniversary today and to celebrate such a momentous occasion I treated my good Lady to a pleasant stroll around a bottle tip as a treat ! I am not joking either but it wasn't quite as easy as that and there had to be a bit of a trade off by way of a decent pub lunch in a quaint Village Ale house . There was a method in my madness and there just so happened to be a nice old pub not too far from the tip but I had to take a bit of a run up first prior to suggesting the pub lunch , that bit got the thumbs up , it was the latter part of the conversation that she was finding difficult to comprehend .
The tip in question lays just beyond the village and it was one I recently went and had a look about only to find some construction work in progress which was a bit of a downer but I still managed to extract a few nice Victorian bottles from the spoil heaps and compacted soil .
Things are done a little differently in Norfolk , the sense of urgency doesn't seem quite so abrupt as there southern counterparts and unless you are able to go with the flow , it can be a little frustrating but fortunately for me I am a laid back sort so I kind of settled in rather well and let the Norfolk pace amble by just nicely thank you ! I did however half expect to see some progress on the tip so upon arrival with my ever patient other half I was a little surprised that basically naff all had been done and it was left pretty much in the same condition as I last saw it , even my old boot prints were still visible with no sign of any others .
My quest was to hopefully find an able bodied Norfolkian worker , have a chat and hopefully try and gain some permission to have a dig or failing this to ask if they could save anything thought to be half decent , there were plenty of big shards of stoneware flagons to see by way of examples to look out for , but not a soul to be seen . I have learned over the last five years that if someone says that they will be back Monday its a case of which Monday would that be then ? Its quite entertaining chatter and I love the banter and thats how it is and long may it reign especially where tips are concerned , the longer its left idle then idle hands will play .
My intentions were good but it would be foolish to not at least take advantage of the desolate surroundings and have another good scout about in the worked area in case I missed something from last time . My patient good Lady , ever the loyal one stood with folded arms dressed in her new lunchtime outfit amongst the bottles , broken shards , bricks and twisted lumps of rusting iron and waited why I ratted about amongst the debris , she sure made pretty picture .
I got lucky and spotted the neat piece of ceramic which at first glance I took to be part of an old insulator , it lay there in amongst a few seasons of autumn leaf mould , fragments of house brick and crushed coal . After wiping away the muck I could see the printed text was in French , no idea but the pair of lions heads either side of the vessel told me it was something a bit posh and part from a few chips it was worth taking .
caviar pase pot 3.jpg
Turns out it is indeed a posh Pate dish from the French company Simplex , and the print reads " Terrine Brevetee " "Pate de Foie Gras " or so I am informed . The two lion heads are little handles and dates around late 20s / 30s era . not a bad little find .
Some more rummaging amongst the plentiful screw tips which are just too late for my taste and then yet another neat bottle with its backside protruding from the soil . I half excepted to be met with yet another late bottle but was pleasantly surprised to find another similar era 20s Boots Chemist bottle with some fine strong embossing . This was so clean it looked like it had been dropped yesterday and hard to imagine it had lain in all weathers for a 100 years , quite bizarre that they survive the frosts and don't just crack .
caviar and boots bottle.jpg
Jubilant I proudly held aloft my finds to be met with the eye rolling expression and the urge to get something to eat because its boring . It was time to go but I shall return in the hope I can at least try and find someone to make contact with and have a decent dig before all is lost under the tarmac .
TerraBritannia

What a great way to spend your wedding anniversary. :D Congratulations to you both. :thumbsup: It's our 36th anniversary today too. :Party:
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Blackadder43

Kenleyboy, i had much respect for you before, but managing to get your wife to go to your tip before your anniversary meal has now placed you in my hall of fame :thumbsup:
*Tips hat to mrs kenleyboy*
You are both keepers and i wish you many more years of your joint venture

Grats to Andy and his wife too :Luv Ya:
Kenleyboy

TerraEnglandia wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:13 pm What a great way to spend your wedding anniversary. :D Congratulations to you both. :thumbsup: It's our 36th anniversary today too. :Party:
Many thanks and congratulations to you also :thumbsup: :Party:
Kenleyboy

Blackadder43 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:18 pm Kenleyboy, i had much respect for you before, but managing to get your wife to go to your tip before your anniversary meal has now placed you in my hall of fame :thumbsup:
*Tips hat to mrs kenleyboy*
You are both keepers and i wish you many more years of your joint venture

Grats to Andy and his wife too :Luv Ya:
Gosh ! feeling rather humbled but honoured just the same :lol:
Oxgirl

Now we all know the secret to married life pubs and bottle tips :clapping:

Congratulations to you both, and you and your Mrs too Andy :blow kiss:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Paul, that story makes you a legend amongst legends :lol:

Congrats to you and the missus, though what you might have planned/get away with on your 40th/50th makes the mind boggle.

Also many congrats to Andy, who's not far behind you :thumbsup:

Good to see :thumbsup:
Dave The Slave

Belated congratulations Paul and Andy.
Thought i was being crafty getting the kids to pay for me to go on a rally the last couple of years as Christmas presents but you surpass that..
At least your wife knows where you go to, perhaps she has even read some of your bottle digging adventures.
Added bonus of a couple of finds.
Congrat`s :thumbsup:
Dave.`
Easylife

Congratulations Paul & wife, well done! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

TerraEnglandia wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:13 pm It's our 36th anniversary today too. :Party:
Congratulations Andy. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.