First Hammered this season for ID please..

murkey

Hi all, today I had my first hammered of the season and it looks like an Eddie of some sort so an ID would be great if possible.

Sounded lovely on the Deus and came up as a 74 on a modded GMP program, I was expecting lead with those numbers but was so pleased to pop another hammy out.

This is my first ID on this great new forum so hopefully I have done everything right..

Allectus

Edward I London penny, I think it's 9b. Got a better pic of the obverse?

A ;)
murkey

Thanks A, Your ID'ing skills are as ever very much appreciated, I'll maybe try a few more photos tomorrow :thumbsup:
tone

edward 1st penny . not to sure which class is there any marking's on the breast such as a star pellet etc. better pic's if possible.
Oxgirl

Whilst we don't demand scale, etc. on this forum we do love it when it’s added so thank you for taking the trouble to do it.

Nice penny in good nick. My coil is allergic to silver right now. It got cleaned during lockdown and seems to be sulking. I got it muddy on Friday do I’m hoping that’ll make it happier and I’ll find a little cutie like yours soon or (if the field gods are listening) a bigger one would be fine too :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
murkey

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 pm Whilst we don't demand scale, etc. on this forum we do love it when it’s added so thank you for taking the trouble to do it.

Nice penny in good nick. My coil is allergic to silver right now. It got cleaned during lockdown and seems to be sulking. I got it muddy on Friday do I’m hoping that’ll make it happier and I’ll find a little cutie like yours soon or (if the field gods are listening) a bigger one would be fine too :D
Thanks for that, wasn’t sure if scale was needed, any finds I ask ID for I’ll try and put a size next to it, it’s drummed into me now!!

I must say it’s great that this forum is more relaxed especially this ID section, I think you’ll get a lot more posts as it can get to the point of not being bothered for some people if too many hoops have to be jumped through..
Pete E

I like that indeed! I've not found many hammered and none of my pennies have survived in that good of a condition... :thumbsup: