Can we talk about finds pouches?

TerraBritannia

Any recommendations on good finds pouches? :Thinking:

Is there a good one out there, one that doesn't cost silly money and preferably doesn't have zips?

I've only had a couple so far, the first one being a standard Garrett pouch (with a zip) and another that I bought from an ebay seller who deals in quality detecting bits and pieces. I'm still using the latter, but it quite literally began falling apart after just a few hunts. I should point out that I got a refund without any problems.

What are you using and would you recommend it?
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
MudMax MD

Have a look on ebay, search under "dump pouches"

They are belt mounted pouches for empty gun mags, usually with a inner drawstring. They work very well.

Here's a link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMMO-MAG-DUM ... Swq-1a8fIC
TerraBritannia

Thanks Keith. :thumbsup:
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
figgis

I got a Garrett pouch "free" when I bought my 400i what, three years ago, and it's still going strong as the day it arrived despite heavy useage.

I might clean it one day :D
Jamesey1981

I use a 70s Swedish army webbing harness that has pouches, one of them is my finds pouch, very hard wearing and has shoulder straps.

If I needed to buy something else I'd probably be looking for a leather tool belt with decent sized pouches on it, the abuse they can take before they wear or break is quite something.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
figgis

Leather. Jamesey? Absolutely agree it could take a massive amount of abuse but what about the weight? With the amount of iron I dig I'd be sinking into the soil within minutes :lol:

I was once gifted a leather falconry bag which looked fab and I still have it today, but it made me walk lopsided and the weight was probably the reason I was presented it. I wondered why he ran away as soon as it was in my hands :lol:
Oxgirl

I prefer a shoulder/ waist bag. This one is very hard wearing and popular :thumbsup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303124706879
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Saffron

I use a shoulder bag (but mine is not as fancy as Oxgirls), however I always have a plastic bag in it - normally one from a sliced loaf.

Just chuck most of the junk in it -
Firstly it avoids all the soil (or worse still sand if you beach detect) falling off in the finds bag / pouch so keeps it cleaner.
Secondly when you get home just lift the plastic bag out, no fishing around in the corners of the pouch for the bits that get stuck and no mess as all the rubbish and soil / sand goes every where.
Finally it protects the bag / pouch to some extent.

Evan
muddy mick

I cant be doing with em, forever pulling them up round your waist, i put my junk in my left trousers pocket, better stuff in my right pocket and my goodies in my finds box :lol: if i was to buy anything it would be one of those waistcoats that anglers wear :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Saffron wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:26 pm I use a shoulder bag (but mine is not as fancy as Oxgirls), however I always have a plastic bag in it - normally one from a sliced loaf.

Just chuck most of the junk in it -
Firstly it avoids all the soil (or worse still sand if you beach detect) falling off in the finds bag / pouch so keeps it cleaner.
Secondly when you get home just lift the plastic bag out, no fishing around in the corners of the pouch for the bits that get stuck and no mess as all the rubbish and soil / sand goes every where.
Finally it protects the bag / pouch to some extent.

Evan
Even better get a 4 pint/ 2 litre plastic milk bottle. Slice a sharp knife in just below the handle and then get scissors and cut round. They are brilliant - soft enough not to be sharp or split if they get squashed but hard enough to keep their shape. Just pop it out and you can even swill water in it to give a quick clean then dry and pop back in. No bag cleaning needed and stops the base of the bag getting much wear too :thumbsup:

I should do a video on that!
Oxgirl

muddy mick wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:33 pm I cant be doing with em, forever pulling them up round your waist, i put my junk in my left trousers pocket, better stuff in my right pocket and my goodies in my finds box :lol: if i was to buy anything it would be one of those waistcoats that anglers wear :thumbsup:
That’s why a shoulder waist combo works better!
Easylife

I'd recommend a finds pouch with a shoulder strap every time. I guess that the size of the finds pouch depends if you will only put finds in it or wish to carry other items in it also? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
bob79

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:17 pm I prefer a shoulder/ waist bag. This one is very hard wearing and popular :thumbsup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303124706879
What happened to your Xp one Cath?
Field_Marshall

I use an army surplus pouch, lined with a cut down plastic container, a shoulder strap and another at the waist, ...had it years and never let me down... :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

bob79 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:02 pm What happened to your Xp one Cath?
Used that for the last few weeks on some very clean pasture. Love it but small so no good on any field with more trash. Back to my big bag last week. Hoping it’ll give me good luck too cause I need it :lol: