New to TheDetectingHub

Sensorman

Hi,
I’m Sensorman. I thought I’d introduce myself being new to this forum. I’ve been detecting for around 3 years now. Mostly in mine and friends gardens and at the beach when on holiday. Just recently I have been successful in joining a local club and have been out on a couple of digs. I haven’t found anything of any great age yet but I am enthusiastic and hopeful. I really enjoy visiting the forum and have already learned a great deal. You’re all doing a great job and I look forward to regularly reading all the interesting posts.
Dave The Slave

Hello & welcome, Sensorman.
Good to see you have joined a club, which will give you more sites apart from gardens and beaches.
Which machine do you use ?
Look forward to seeing what you find in the future.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Blackadder43

Welcome into the hub my good man :thumbsup:
Excellent news with joining the club, and fingers crossed you come across a permission you can call your own too
Thanks for your kind words too, but a forum is only as good as its members, and we are blessed with a good bunch of folk here with knowledge spanning all sorts of areas :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Nice to have another new member. Sounds like the limited land opportunities haven’t put you off so new land will soon have you improving your finds. If nothing else making new friends is always fun too.

Good luck and hope to see some of your finds soon :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Paint

Welcome aboard sensorman looking forward to seeing some finds :thumbsup:
Dave77

Hello & welcome, Sensorman.
Where are you based? Hopefully someone on here will be near you and invite you out.
Thanks,
Dave
Manticore
Nox 800
TerraBritannia

Hi Sensorman, nice to have you with us. :thumbsup:

Something good will turn up when you least expect it. :D
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Sensorman

Dave The Slave wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:20 pm Hello & welcome, Sensorman.
Good to see you have joined a club, which will give you more sites apart from gardens and beaches.
Which machine do you use ?
Look forward to seeing what you find in the future.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Hi Dave,
Nice to meet you and thanks for your warm welcome.
Until very recently I used a Garrett Ace 250 but after doing much research and reading, I am now the proud owner of an Equinox 800.
:thumbsup:
Eric
Sensorman

Dave77 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:49 pm Hello & welcome, Sensorman.
Where are you based? Hopefully someone on here will be near you and invite you out.
Hi Dave77,
Thanks to you too.
I live in deepest Gloucestershire. So hopefully I should be able to turn up some history.
Eric
Sensorman

Paint wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:46 pm Welcome aboard sensorman looking forward to seeing some finds :thumbsup:
Thanks so much. It would be great to have some interesting finds to show in the near future. :)
Eric
Sensorman

TerraEnglandia wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 pm Hi Sensorman, nice to have you with us. :thumbsup:

Something good will turn up when you least expect it. :D
Thanks for your kind welcome and for your really interesting YouTube clips which I have been watching with envy :thumbsup:
Eric
Sensorman

Oxgirl wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:44 pm Nice to have another new member. Sounds like the limited land opportunities haven’t put you off so new land will soon have you improving your finds. If nothing else making new friends is always fun too.

Good luck and hope to see some of your finds soon :thumbsup:
Thanks. Yes I’m very happy to be with others for friendship and to learn from.
Sensorman

Blackadder43 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:34 pm Welcome into the hub my good man :thumbsup:
Excellent news with joining the club, and fingers crossed you come across a permission you can call your own too
Thanks for your kind words too, but a forum is only as good as its members, and we are blessed with a good bunch of folk here with knowledge spanning all sorts of areas :thumbsup:
Thanks. Yes. I’m working on a couple of possibilities for local permissions. So fingers crossed.
:thumbsup:
Eric
figgis

Hello, and welcome.

Glad you like the forum and hope your quest for land is successful. Patience and perseverance are key. Best of luck to you :thumbsup:
Dave77

Sensorman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:07 pm Hi Dave77,
Thanks to you too.
I live in deepest Gloucestershire. So hopefully I should be able to turn up some history.
Eric
For permissions you could try this,
A farmer on one of my permissions had been having health problems with his cows. I said I would scan the fields where this was happening.
I found more lead than usual, the farmer was happy and I got to detect on all his land. Now when I ask for a new permission I tell this story and so far I have got 2 more permissions.
Its worth a go.
Thanks,
Dave
Manticore
Nox 800