Storing your coins - sliding an idea your way...

Oxgirl

...see what I did there? :lol:

Saw this on Unearthed’s Facebook group last night, a superb idea for storing coins from Graham Morrison. Thanks for allowing me to share this Graham :thumbsup:
Hi folks,
Handy tip time! Lol
I get asked dozens of times how I store the coins I find. Well this is what I do for the majority of them!
Get yourself one of the old cases that we use to store slides in (you know the ones from those boring holidays/family parties etc!). They can be picked up really cheaply as no-one uses them anymore. I got about a dozen from an auction a while ago for about a tenner. Next buy some of the coin holder cards. See pics. They fit in exactly the right size. You can then use the slide box to index your finds while keeping them safe and sound.
584E49C0-CB1F-4BEA-A719-E2EBF3A5AA1C.jpeg
E0F1C4A8-9FCB-4776-A097-D37711C16C3C.jpeg
936C20DE-2760-4DD0-B81E-BE5C0BE42DDE.jpeg
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

Sorry, but that's just far to organised and efficient! :D :D

Years ago, I remember being shown a small antique wooden writing box that was fully of old coins including Roman, hammered and various pre decimals that the owner had found while renovating a number of old cottages plus an old farmhouse, and landscaping their gardens.

Although I had no real interest in coins at the time, I was still fascinated by this collection..there was no storage system or proper revords, but it always struck me as like a mini treasure chest lol...

Sadly the gentleman concerned is now in a home with very bad Alzheimer's, and the box has gone missing at some point over the years, but hopefully it will turn up when his property is eventually cleared and sold...
Jamesey1981

Brilliant idea, you're a genius, it never occurred to me that they're exactly the same size! :thumbsup:
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Oxgirl

Jamesey1981 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:36 am Brilliant idea, you're a genius, it never occurred to me that they're exactly the same size! :thumbsup:
I’m no genius - Graham Morrison is though. It hadn’t occurred to me either!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking