Bad timing!

Easylife

Recently I happened to be cruising through a tiny village where the 12th century inn had just been refurbished and they had just built a big conservatory on the adjoining smallish grass area behind. Well I guess there would have been nowt of interest on there anyway! :cry: :pulling hair out:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Trouble with inns, if they have been in use in the last 100 years, are bottle caps and ring pulls. That small bit of land they built on is probably 1-2 foot deep in them.

But if they were digging out more than that though it would be darn annoying :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Saffron

Oxgirl wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:47 am Trouble with inns, if they have been in use in the last 100 years, are bottle caps and ring pulls. That small bit of land they built on is probably 1-2 foot deep in them.

But if they were digging out more than that though it would be darn annoying :D
Tell me about it.

A bit back I gained permission to detect a few acres belonging to a pub going back to the 1400's. Masses of history, Drovers Inn, Coaching Inn, footpath going across from the pub to a (largely) deserted mediaval village (only a farm and couple of houses remain) less than 1/2m away.

Was able to detect it several times before lockdown was eased and pubs reopended. Only site I have ever used a carrier bag for the scrap, never known a site like it :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out:

I managed to find a Victoria penny and a small plain buckle, that was the grand total from several visits :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Evan