Ban on gatherings of 6 or more from 15th September

TheFenTiger

Wonder if detecting is an organised sport?
Dave
muddy mick

Yes it is
TheFenTiger

Although some commercial clubs are talking loopholes anyway. Lots hope they don't ruin it for everyone.
Dave
Pete E

I think it will hinge on what's defined as a "gathering"... Personally I don't see 30 people spread out over a large area metal detecting as being a "gathering" and they would be no different to say a person taking a walk in a busy park...
Steve RC

This will mean a return to all the spurious comments that were aired during the last lockdown with people looking for loopholes to exploit to allow them to think they were doing no wrong.

Rather than go down that road again lets await the NCMD's official comments on this one.
Pete E

Steve RC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:56 am This will mean a return to all the spurious comments that were aired during the last lockdown with people looking for loopholes to exploit to allow them to think they were doing no wrong.

Rather than go down that road again lets await the NCMD's official comments on this one.
What ever happens now, I don't think we will get control of the outbreak unless we return to a much more stringent and widespread lock down..while that would have a severe impact on the economy, my main concern is how to keep schools functioning in some form...
Carling 2

Well in over 20 years detecting I've been on about 5 rallys ( I just haven't needed them) so ncmd can say what they like people will bend the rules regardless
Littleboot

This is outrageous. they are winding up for a full lock-down again with no proper scientific justification whatsoever. It is a casedemic andnot an epidemic at this stage. The number of positive cases is down to huge number of tests which are picking up viral fragments from previous infections. I suggest anyone who wants a proper a-political un-hysterical break down of what really is going on with this disease looks at the work of Ivor Cummings .
It is eye-opening and shows the actual science rather than that from the quangos like SAGE which are stuffed full of politically motivated people. (including, believe it or not, senior members of the Communist Party.)
People seriously need to take their freedom back before they end up living like people in the state of Victoria...full lockdown, curfew, home searches, drone surveillance....which they will not lift until the get down to less than 5 cases a day for a fortnight (in a population of 7 million.) People will keep complying until they are in a communist state without knowing it. Sleepwalking. The new limits are not based on any science whatsoever...but they will stop people protesting. (Unless they are BLM I suppose. :roll: )
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Littleboot

Pete E wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 am

What ever happens now, I don't think we will get control of the outbreak unless we return to a much more stringent and widespread lock down..while that would have a severe impact on the economy, my main concern is how to keep schools functioning in some form...
It's nonsense Pete. Truly. read the science. This is a case demic and not an epidemic and people are being scared by false data. Please look at this link and listen to the real science. the media in our country has a lot to answer for.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Pete E

Carling 2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:39 am Well in over 20 years detecting I've been on about 5 rallys ( I just haven't needed them) so ncmd can say what they like people will bend the rules regardless
I can't say I am a particular fan of rallies or even club digs and much prefer to detect alone or with just a friend.

That said, I see a small well managed club dig as representing much less risk than people going to pubs ect...

I think the communal facilities commonally seen/relied on at commercial digs/rallies may be seen as a bigger risk ie porta loo's, find tents, cash collectors, burger vans ect...
Pete E

Littleboot wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 am
It's nonsense Pete. Truly. read the science. This is a case demic and not an epidemic and people are being scared by false data. Please look at this link and listen to the real science. the media in our country has a lot to answer for.
Thanks for that, I will have a look at that when I get a minute, but whatever the science, I don't think we want another 41K Covid deaths....
muddy mick

TheFenTiger wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:17 pm

Wonder if detecting is an organised sport?
Id had a few beers last night, further to my reply of yes it is, Basically in a nutshell the NCMD work with the Government and the DCMS [Dept of culture media and sport] and follow any guidelines / updates under the current crisis, no doubt we will be hearing from the NCMD soon with their guidance , not all will adhere to it as before, but be it on their own head if they are caught out
DaveP

Jan,

thanks for the video - some really interesting points and a lot to consider. I'd love the chance to have a chat with him but some of the numbers in the graphs he uses contradict other data he presents and, unless I'm missing something, the "casedemic" numbers based on viral fragments also doesn't make immediate sense. I'm not saying the overall message is wrong but some of his interpretation is selective.

I think the bigger question is why, when all the science is available to everyone we get very different actions.
joemole

Littleboot wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:41 am This is outrageous. they are winding up for a full lock-down again with no proper scientific justification whatsoever. It is a casedemic andnot an epidemic at this stage. The number of positive cases is down to huge number of tests which are picking up viral fragments from previous infections. I suggest anyone who wants a proper a-political un-hysterical break down of what really is going on with this disease looks at the work of Ivor Cummings . It is eye-opening and shows the actual science rather than that from the quangos like SAGE which are stuffed full of politically motivated people. (including, believe it or not, senior members of the Communist Party.)
People seriously need to take their freedom back before they end up living like people in the state of Victoria...full lockdown, curfew, home searches, drone surveillance....which they will not lift until the get down to less than 5 cases a day for a fortnight (in a population of 7 million.) People will keep complying until they are in a communist state without knowing it. Sleepwalking. The new limits are not based on any science whatsoever...but they will stop people protesting. (Unless they are BLM I suppose. :roll: )
well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TheFenTiger

muddy mick wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:26 am

Id had a few beers last night, further to my reply of yes it is, Basically in a nutshell the NCMD work with the Government and the DCMS [Dept of culture media and sport] and follow any guidelines / updates under the current crisis, no doubt we will be hearing from the NCMD soon with their guidance , not all will adhere to it as before, but be it on their own head if they are caught out

Seems the wording is now organised TEAM sports so the football money obviously holds a lot of sway. We will need to see what is said in the briefing and what the NCMD are doing in the background to see what their statement will be, presumably later today.
Dave