Ban on gatherings of 6 or more from 15th September

Littleboot

He knows his stuff. i don't find anything contradictory about what he says. It is clearly a case-demic and w have had them before. The plain fact is that deaths may rise slightly whatever we do but that does not equate to a second wave. He speaks to lots of scientists about this and they are all equally frustrated with the whole thing.
Expand on what is selective about his data...because from my viewpoint it is much more comprehensive thab the stuff pushed out by the lamestream media and so-called government 'experts'.
I have come to the frustrating conclusion that people want to be frightened and are willing to compromise all their freedoms as a result. It depressed me and means I will no longer return to the UK. I want no part in it. All very sad, and completely unnecessary.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
DaveP

Never trust a scientist - and I can say that with some authority :lol:

I had said "I'm not saying the overall message is wrong but some of his interpretation is selective." Take the graph of "Covid death rate by total 2 yr flu intensity" where he concludes that those countries with more severe prior flu seasons had lower Covid deaths and has a very convenient straight line. The contrary in the same graph is that countries with exactly the same severity of flu season can have up to a 7 fold difference in Covid deaths or you can have a more sever flu season and get a higher Covid death rate.
Add to that the numbers for Sweden don't balance across the video and the various y-axis scales and terminology on the graphs really doesn't help and suggests more from some of the graphs than might actually be there.

As I said, I'm not saying the overall message is wrong. I'm more concerned with the actions of the powers that be when everyone has access to the same information. We've had the virus and got the anitbodies. My wife is a teacher and has worked - except when sick - all the way through this and is at school as we speak with 30 kids. Managing Government guidelines, anxious parents, couldn't care less other types and trying to get on with life is very close to our hearts and daily life. And can you imagine how many youngsters get snotty noses, coughs and goodness knows what else in a normal year........

Looks like you'll be staying on the other side of the Channel.
TheFenTiger

Its very easy to believe the facts and experts that fit your narrative and beliefs and dismiss those that don't. That's why you have flat earthers who still insist this is a hoax.
Dave
Pete E

I think the major thing here is that scientists are still on a massive learning curve with regards this virus. I have not watched the video linked by Jan yet, but have read previously about the theory that current tests may be detecting genetic remnants from previous infections.

Sadly I think only an increase (or not) in hospital admisions/deaths will disprove/prove the theory in the short term...
Ladybird66

Boris has just this minuet sad that organised sports can still go ahead. So at the moment I think it’s status quo.
Happy digging everyone :thumbsup:

BBC NEWS. LIVE FROM DOWNING STREET.
Steve RC

Metal detecting is not a sport. It is classed by the Sports and Recreational Alliance as an outdoor pursuit so it no more than 6 on an outing in my book.
Carling 2

That's what gov website says aswell regards tectin but people will bend the rules again.. I'm just interested in what's happening in the areas that have gone back into lock down regards tectin, there was no statement from ncmd regards that and as said people will do what they want anyways.
TheFenTiger

Carling 2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm That's what gov website says aswell regards tectin but people will bend the rules again.. I'm just interested in what's happening in the areas that have gone back into lock down regards tectin, there was no statement from ncmd regards that and as said people will do what they want anyways.
The NCMD did put out a comment.

https://www.ncmd.co.uk/ncmd/covid-incre ... ain-areas/
Dave
Littleboot

Sorry but this is just a power grab gone mad and unless people wake up to this they will be sorry. If this comes back a bit it will be no different than a normal flu season because of the built up immunity. We don't close down for flu. people should now be free to make up their own minds. It isn't as if the government/NHS did much of a job protecting the elderly and vulnerable during the last bash at trashing the economy. The high death rate was entirely down to letting people go into care homes from hospitals without even testing them. Now they are doubling down to save face. pathetic. If they had tried to infect elderly co-morbids last time they couldn't have done a better job.
People should now be left alone. this is beyond ludicrous.
Take a good vitamin D3 supplement ...two Boots tablets a day. Eat lots of butter, liver, oily fish and shellfish. Lose weight if you have to. AND LIVE YOUR LIFE!! If I wanted to nominate anyone to follow in terms of them having my best interests at heart the LAST place I would look would be the government. I am 63 this month and they have never had my best interests front and central yet.
People have been scared by a totally hysterical mass-media and a totally inept system, Last month ten times as many people died of suicide in the UK as died of Covid. think about it.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
muddy mick

Littleboot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 pm Sorry but this is just a power grab gone mad and unless people wake up to this they will be sorry. If this comes back a bit it will be no different than a normal flu season because of the built up immunity. We don't close down for flu. people should now be free to make up their own minds. It isn't as if the government/NHS did much of a job protecting the elderly and vulnerable during the last bash at trashing the economy. The high death rate was entirely down to letting people go into care homes from hospitals without even testing them. Now they are doubling down to save face. pathetic. If they had tried to infect elderly co-morbids last time they couldn't have done a better job.
People should now be left alone. this is beyond ludicrous.
Take a good vitamin D3 supplement ...two Boots tablets a day. Eat lots of butter, liver, oily fish and shellfish. Lose weight if you have to. AND LIVE YOUR LIFE!! If I wanted to nominate anyone to follow in terms of them having my best interests at heart the LAST place I would look would be the government. I am 63 this month and they have never had my best interests front and central yet.
People have been scared by a totally hysterical mass-media and a totally inept system, Last month ten times as many people died of suicide in the UK as died of Covid. think about it.
I would love the likes of you to go to my detecting mates house and say this to his face, and moreso his wife who is a NHS Nurse, he has just lost his Brother and his cousin, both in their early 50s to Covid with no underlying health problems, and both of who died a excruciating death, more annoyingly how you can compare people taking their own lives re suicide is beyond me, speaking of experience re suicide, I tried taking my life 20 years ago but failed thankfully looking back, but i chose to end my life back then, note the chose bit, nobody chooses to die of Covid, reading your comments im just coming across another conspiracy theorist, and no matter what i say i wont win with people like you :roll: