The NCMD is asking for your email address

TheFenTiger

Not sure if I am allowed to post this in the NCMD section.

On the 26th August the NCMD posted they want you to provide your email address if you wish to be contacted by them on news and updates. Simple opt in form.

https://www.ncmd.co.uk/ncmd/keep-in-touch/
Dave
Carling 2

I'm with f, I, d and I detect every week solo and rarely attended any rallys in that time and have done for the last 20+ years so the ncmd don't need my email as this covid change the goal posts every 5 mins I'm sick of hearing about so nope no more data sharing from me. ๐Ÿ˜
TheFenTiger

I hope the FID provide you with updates on the current situation and are fighting for your detecting rights.
Dave
Carling 2

As said I either go tectin or not I've been on 5 rallys in over 20 years and I go out every week on my own permissions and my nearest perm is a 15 min walk away so none of the so called legislation by the ncmd as affected me ever in the history of detecting there just a insurance broker and which I may add the fids cover is more
Oxgirl

Carling 2 wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:37 am As said I either go tectin or not I've been on 5 rallys in over 20 years and I go out every week on my own permissions and my nearest perm is a 15 min walk away so none of the so called legislation by the ncmd as affected me ever in the history of detecting there just a insurance broker and which I may add the fids cover is more
I think it is only fair that we clarify the facts on your comments above.

The NCMD are passing on information from the laws set by the Government, not setting their own legislation.
They arenโ€™t just an insurance broker, they are the only official government recognised metal detecting organisation who represent our hobby.
Thirdly, on insurance, you say FID covers more than the NCMD? There are no details of their insurance cover anywhere online and when I asked about it before when I was considering them I had no response about what it covered. I know other people have had similar experiences. It would be good to know if you have managed to get further details as it may help our other members make an informed choice on which organisation to chose :thumbsup:
Yes I really donโ€™t like Roman coins, Iโ€™m not joking
TheFenTiger

Its not legislation by the NCMD, it is the law relating to COVID. The FID should be giving the same advice to its members. And both organisations are more than insurance providers, they help to shape and protect the hobby.
Dave
Jamesey1981

Carling 2 wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am I'm with f, I, d and I detect every week solo and rarely attended any rallys in that time and have done for the last 20+ years so the ncmd don't need my email as this covid change the goal posts every 5 mins I'm sick of hearing about so nope no more data sharing from me. ๐Ÿ˜
Why do you think the NCMD want your email address if you're not a member?
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Carling 2

Mellon.. I'm just stating that I ain't voluterring mine cause the ncmd don't affect me.
Blackadder43

@carling
Is mellon a nickname for Jamesey?
Carling 2

Mellon my old fruit ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ a welcoming term ๐Ÿ˜„
Jamesey1981

Carling 2 wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm Mellon.. I'm just stating that I ain't voluterring mine cause the ncmd don't affect me.
And why do you think anyone is interested?

In other news, I don't like kale and won't be buying any. I'm sure you care about that as much as I care whether you're going to give your email address to an organisation that doesn't want it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Oxgirl

Peeps letโ€™s chill please :Luv Ya:
Yes I really donโ€™t like Roman coins, Iโ€™m not joking
alloverover

I wont be giving them my email address ( not a member at the moment) or buying Kale ( cos its a waste of money) so there, ner niky ner ner :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Saffron

Sadly in the past the NCMD have not been the best at keeping members informed of what is happening.
This request for members e-mail details seems a sensible step to correcting that, especially at this time where the government is frequently changing both the legally enforcable rules and guidelines (this is even more confusing as the devolved governments are frequently taking a different approach!)

So to me it seems logical that members provide them with an e-mail address; if only for the cynical reason that we pay our membership so that they can represent us and work with governent departments so we need to know what the results of this are.

Obviously NCMD only want the details for members.

If FID members want this kind of information I suggest they contact their organisers, although a while back I know that they were not responding to members due to moving house!!. Alternatively they could join the NCMD.

Anyway on the more important matter of kale. You should definately eat it as its very good for you.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10 ... ts-of-kale

Evan
Carling 2

Yep im in agreement I'm interested in anyone who uses kale it's healthy and i feed it my tropical fish sometimes๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŸ