This mornings offerings.

alloverover

Managed to get out this morning, bit sneaky, dont tell the Mrs :angel: should of been at work but.... ;)

Anyway, it was lovely, was out on the field just gone 7am and stayed till nearly 1pm with not a care in the world, quality time with me, myself and I, much needed 'me' time :thumbsup:

Had the 9" round hf coil on the Deus and switched programs quite a few times, settled on a modified fast in the end which pulled out most of the goodies.

Lots of signals, pilgrims ampulla with a design on ive not seen before, a few hammered in the shape of a couple of Lizzies and I think an Irish penny sadly broken, whats left of a Roman period Keyhole brooch and a few other bits.

Main thing was it was fun, most enjoyable time ive had out for a while really, lovely weather and a few finds to boot,,,,,,,,now.........its beer time :D :D :D :thumbsup:
Attachments
20200911_172528.jpg
20200911_172454.jpg
20200911_172434.jpg
20200911_172426.jpg
20200911_172406.jpg
20200911_172349.jpg
Reiver

:thumbsup: They're often the best, a sneaky couple of hours. Very fruitful too by the looks.
Good finds,well saved.
figgis

alloverover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:59 pm now.........its beer time :D :D :D :thumbsup:
Get a grip, young Phil - the only time it's not beer time is when it's gin time :lol:

There's something about bunking off work which makes any finds all the sweeter, and yours are certainly sweet. I'd call them (and the environment you were in) a day well spent. Even the George looks to be in good nick! :thumbsup:
Paint

Well earned beer :thumbsup: and some nice finds is a bonus :clapping:
alloverover

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

just gone through four cans of fake Punk IPA from Aldi, have you seen it ? Its in the same type blue can and called 'Anti Establishment IPA' :lol: , I dont know how they get away with it,,,, now for the cider Mmmmmm :thumbsup:
figgis

Is the cider by any chance named something along the lines of Scrumpy Jill? :lol:
alloverover

figgis wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:33 pm Is the cider by any chance named something along the lines of Scrumpy Jill? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: that would be too funny :thumbsup: .............................maybe you should get in touch with their marketing team ?
Oxgirl

Lovem that ampulla! Every pirce of lead I dig lraves me hoping! Nice srt of silvers too!

Enjoyed the well earned beer/ cider!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
alloverover

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:44 pm Lovem that ampulla! Every pirce of lead I dig lraves me hoping! Nice srt of silvers too!

Enjoyed the well earned beer/ cider!
Are you drunk Cath or using your phone to post ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
stanslad

Well done Phil, sneaking out again ay!
Some nice bits there mate, ampulla looks different & the dumpy George in good nick,
Me & the old chap are sneaking out tomorrow, well 8 till 8 actually!
Clint :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:50 pm Are you drunk Cath or using your phone to post ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
On my phone - not started on the gin yet. It’ll get worse :rollinglaughing:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
alloverover

stanslad wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:33 pm Well done Phil, sneaking out again ay!
Some nice bits there mate, ampulla looks different & the dumpy George in good nick,
Me & the old chap are sneaking out tomorrow, well 8 till 8 actually!
Clint :thumbsup:
Very good mate, best of luck to you both, weather is looking kind, gets a bit warmer again for a few days after tomorow by the looks of it :thumbsup:
alloverover

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:37 pm On my phone - not started on the gin yet. It’ll get worse :rollinglaughing:
Ive been trying to read it out load and just sound plain pxxxxxd :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Littleboot

Good going Phil-meister!

The ampulla is interesting and I think I have a theory about the design after I read a very comprehensive (bordering on obsessively comprehensive :lol: ) study paper on the subject a couple of years ago.
At these shrines there was usually a flagon/ bottle of the Holy oil or water etc which was blessed and used to fill the ampulla that was taken by the pilgrim. The decanter/ jug that the Holy stuff was dispensed from is what is featured on some of the ampullae designs. Also the bottles were usually kept in draw-string protective bags of fine cloth. These are the shapes which are often confused with the 'scallop shell' design which is wider at the shoulders and only has a passing similarity to the 'bag' ones which often actually feature the representation of the drawstring as part of the design. In short, the design on the ampulla is a representation of where the contents came from.
I so like me an ampulla. :blow kiss:
Live long and prosper.
alloverover

Littleboot wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:37 pm Good going Phil-meister!

The ampulla is interesting and I think I have a theory about the design after I read a very comprehensive (bordering on obsessively comprehensive :lol: ) study paper on the subject a couple of years ago.
At these shrines there was usually a flagon/ bottle of the Holy oil or water etc which was blessed and used to fill the ampulla that was taken by the pilgrim. The decanter/ jug that the Holy stuff was dispensed from is what is featured on some of the ampullae designs. Also the bottles were usually kept in draw-string protective bags of fine cloth. These are the shapes which are often confused with the 'scallop shell' design which is wider at the shoulders and only has a passing similarity to the 'bag' ones which often actually feature the representation of the drawstring as part of the design. In short, the design on the ampulla is a representation of where the contents came from.
I so like me an ampulla. :blow kiss:
Interesting stuff Jan, I assumed the bottle decoration was something like that but didnt know.
What else is a bit interesting about this one are the suspension lops arnt actually pierced, tried poking the mud out but its lead, no holes. Either a manufacturing error or they are just there as a representation of loops ?? Very strange :thumbsup: :thumbsup: