What is this little fella ???

alloverover

Had a few hours digging on a jobsite of mine in Notts today, lovely few hours, very interesting site in the center of a village right next to an originally Saxon/Norman church, the sort of site to really get the juices flowing. All the topsoil had been scraped off, the field landscaped and the soil reaplyed, wonderful.

Signals were thick and fast, lots of coke and lots of hotrock coming through on the hf coil but absolutely brilliant fun on a 54khz program I use.

So nearly all finds were left with the owner of the place but I took 2 with me, one was the Nottingham token which is a lovely big chunk of copper, the other I am not sure about, its actually thinner than a Nurenburg jetton. Looks like some Islamic coin, Moroccan, Indian, something like that ?
I dont know, so wil put the question out there,,,,,,What is this coin/token please, anybody know ????

Cheers,
aoo :thumbsup:
Attachments
20200916_165706.jpg
20200916_165652.jpg
alloverover

alloverover wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 pm Had a few hours digging on a jobsite of mine in Notts today, lovely few hours, very interesting site in the center of a village right next to an originally Saxon/Norman church, the sort of site to really get the juices flowing. All the topsoil had been scraped off, the field landscaped and the soil reaplyed, wonderful.

Signals were thick and fast, lots of coke and lots of hotrock coming through on the hf coil but absolutely brilliant fun on a 54khz program I use.

So nearly all finds were left with the owner of the place but I took 2 with me, one was the Nottingham token which is a lovely big chunk of copper, the other I am not sure about, its actually thinner than a Nurenburg jetton. Looks like some Islamic coin, Moroccan, Indian, something like that ?
I dont know, so wil put the question out there,,,,,,What is this coin/token please, anybody know ????

Cheers,
aoo :thumbsup:
Click on pics and they come up the right way :thumbsup:
slippery

'Belly dancer' token...prob Turkish
Steve_JT

Possibly a miners token?

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Littleboot

slippery wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm 'Belly dancer' token...prob Turkish
Excellent shout! And also explains the hole. :thumbsup:
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
alloverover

slippery wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm 'Belly dancer' token...prob Turkish
Cheers for that slippery, you could well be right, seems like a very old one though :thumbsup:
Littleboot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:35 am Excellent shout! And also explains the hole. :thumbsup:
I dont know about the hole Jan, I find lots of jettons and tokens that are holed, I had the coins soldered onto my BD rig so when I jiggle my bits in the clubs I dont loose any :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Attachments
20200917_193617.jpg
Littleboot

Yeah Phil...I know lots of jettony things have holes...I just meant that the hole fitted the belly dancer token ID as well.
We need to see you 'getting jiggy with it.' :lol:
I find lots of small hammered coppers about that size. Late 16th through to late 17th century usually. Most of em look a helluva lot older than that when i get them up....on my ground anyway. If i get one in 30 with anything legible remaining at all I am doing well.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
shaggybfc

Littleboot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:25 am We need to see you 'getting jiggy with it.' :lol:
Jan, I’m not sure you want to see Phil getting ‘Jiggy with it’ ....... or maybe you do :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: #checkmeaning
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
alloverover

shaggybfc wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 am Jan, I’m not sure you want to see Phil getting ‘Jiggy with it’ ....... or maybe you do :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: #checkmeaning
Always happy to oblige a lady Jan :D ;) :thumbsup:
Littleboot

:lol: :Party: