Solo again

Carling 2

Ti's a sad day,, today I've lost my tectin partner of 15 years, not cause he's dead or anything ๐Ÿ˜ but he's got anxiety and confidence issues and after 15 years it was all my permissions over 6000 acres and counting and I said come on bring something to the table and instead of bringing cutlery he decided to do something else ( don't most in this hobby these days๐Ÿ˜) oh well back in solo in rural Herefordshire and more land than you can shake a stick at ( I'm not heartless I just feel if your doing a hobby that you enjoy you at least got to put some effort into it.
alloverover

Solo is the way to go imho Carling, you will get over your loss, now you dont have to think about anyone else :cry: :P :thumbsup:
Carling 2

Cheers mate 21 hammereds so far this year,, its all good ๐Ÿ˜
Paint

Hi Carling 2 donโ€™t think of it being a sad day one door closes and another opens you sound like a generous fellow and Iโ€™m sure there will be another buddy out there I totally understand itโ€™s not the same detecting on your own as itโ€™s good to share the moment when you find something good looks like your having a good year so far keep up the good detecting :thumbsup: if you fancy a trip to Gloucestershire PM me sounds that you have plenty to go at in Herefordshire :thumbsup:
DiOz

Carling 2 wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:05 pm Ti's a sad day,, today I've lost my tectin partner of 15 years, not cause he's dead or anything ๐Ÿ˜ but he's got anxiety and confidence issues and after 15 years it was all my permissions over 6000 acres and counting and I said come on bring something to the table and instead of bringing cutlery he decided to do something else ( don't most in this hobby these days๐Ÿ˜) oh well back in solo in rural Herefordshire and more land than you can shake a stick at ( I'm not heartless I just feel if your doing a hobby that you enjoy you at least got to put some effort into it.
Yes, it's certainly a sad day when you've got got more land than you can shake a stick at but not enough to share with a "mate" whose got anxiety and confidence issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shaggybfc

DiOz wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 am Yes, it's certainly a sad day when you've got got more land than you can shake a stick at but not enough to share with a "mate" whose got anxiety and confidence issues.
I read the OP twice just in case I missed something. I'd say after 15 years, not only was he a detecting buddy, but a friend. I hope that your request for him to bring something to the table hasn't added to his anxiety and he stepped away for the good of his mental health.
Good luck on your 6000 acre permission :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Kenleyboy

shaggybfc wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 am I read the OP twice just in case I missed something. I'd say after 15 years, not only was he a detecting buddy, but a friend. I hope that your request for him to bring something to the table hasn't added to his anxiety and he stepped away for the good of his mental health.
Good luck on your 6000 acre permission :thumbsup:
Not many have 6000 plus acres and counting at their disposal so well done on that :thumbsup: Maybe all he had to bring to the table was good friendship , that would have been enough for me or perhaps he felt intimidated by your acreage . If it were me then my priority would be more about being a mate and supporting him especially after 15 years together .
Carling 2

It's all good and we both came to the same conclusion that detecting as run its course so we both are throwing in the towel,, hh guys