I always thank the Ancient people of the past!

shaggybfc

I went out on my new field that’s been meh in the first 4 hours of searching, so this evening I went back out for a couple of hours. I didn’t have any sandwiches but did make an offering.... and it sort of worked as a couple of bits came up.
A pick-up biscuit and a Murray mint was all I had.
I’m now a convert to making offerings to the field :thumbsup:
Attachments
6E30AD27-996B-4AC7-92A8-F692CA61BF76.jpeg
A093A7D2-C904-453B-951C-2C5C6D3692BB.jpeg
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Pitbull The Elder

I'm more of a crystal man myself. I've been carrying this thing round since it was Sharp. :lol:
This particular crystal is supposed to help with wealth. I have it in my hand when I choose my numbers.
It hasn't exactly won me millions but I've certainly come up on the lottery and scratch cards 6 times. £5 here £10 there.
Oh, and that $300 I won in Vegas on the slot machine when I kissed it. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20200921_214413.jpg
Machine: Simplex+ Running v2.77. Standard coil
Pinpointer: Cheap and chearful GP (Fully Waterproof)
Field God Sacrifice of choice: Milk Chocolate Hobnobs
Oxgirl

In Ireland, particularly in the north, it is not unheard of the find large blocks of ancient butter in bogs. It’s called bog butter . Some people think it was left there as bogs were used as a sort of ancient fridge, as bogs have a low ambient temperature; others believe it was a gift to the gods. Who knows?

I might try a bit of butter though and see if it helps 8-)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Cantiaci

There you go Phil. I saw the banded reverse initally and thought Vosenos maybe? Happy with Dubnovellaunos though!
My first local gold coin and it really is a fab clean strike/Die.
Thats what sent me off reading about dies/blanks/iron age coin production and its all really rather fascinating!
Especially how people perceive the imagery on them.

DubstepDyp1200.jpg
Xp Deus ( not sure if it still works these days)
Easylife

shaggybfc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:40 pm A pick-up biscuit and a Murray mint was all I had.
I’m now a convert to making offerings to the field :thumbsup:
Pick-up biscuits are just too good for a field, Murray mints are fine I don't like them. :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
shaggybfc

It must be time for another offering as the fields are not Releasing much recently.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Ladybird66

I tried offerings and mostly it didn’t work. I had one outing when I wasn’t finding anything so I sacrificed a couple of fruit pastels, no change.
So I changed tactics. I gave the Detecting god a good talking to and asked if he was taking the mick.
Couple of swing later I got a good clear loud signal. I thought ah, that worked.
What was it ? A b..... pot leg.
It was a nice one though :D
alloverover

Cantiaci wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 pm There you go Phil. I saw the banded reverse initally and thought Vosenos maybe? Happy with Dubnovellaunos though!
My first local gold coin and it really is a fab clean strike/Die.
Thats what sent me off reading about dies/blanks/iron age coin production and its all really rather fascinating!
Especially how people perceive the imagery on them.

DubstepDyp1200.jpg
Lovely Steve :thumbsup: Dubno it is and a nice one, yes the imagery, peoples views tend to go from the sublime to the ridiculous and everywhere in between but its all interesting mate and im sure youve formed your own views ( which are as valid as anyone elses) on the subject, specialy given how close you are to Tannit ;) :thumbsup:
Bors

Quote Cath ,..." In Ireland, particularly in the north, it is not unheard of the find large blocks of ancient butter in bogs. It’s called bog butter. Some people think it was left there as bogs were used as a sort of ancient fridge, as bogs have a low ambient temperature; others believe it was a gift to the gods. Who knows?

While searching in a bog up in a hillside once I dug up what looked like a solidified Crusty bread roll. I can only assume it was an ancient Bog-Roll as another theory is The bogs were also used as toilets.
(Heads niftily to the door) :D
Things aint cooking in my kitchen