Another short session

Kenleyboy

Back out again on a very late afternoon session to have a quick waft over the soil with the kindly loaned Deus Lite . I am liking this machine and slowly getting to grips with it , a whole new set up and ball game to what I have been used to and so far so good .
Weather wise , just glorious , hard to be believe that a mere few weeks away and we are into the winter months of October and best make the most as it is going to change midweek and then its all down hill from there .
I have to admit though , the ground is so dry , the big troughs and clumps are now gone and the fields have been levelled and broken down to more reasonable size clumps which make walking easier , its soft as anything and a pleasure to walk upon and as much as I like the good weather I can't wait for a few days rain to bring the fields alive .
At the moment I am digging every signal hence the pile of rubbish , there was much more , big lumps of iron and one area no more than a few yards square had none other than five good signals and I hoped for a coin spill as they all sounded so good and close together but sadly not to be , all shotties . :thumbdown:
quick dig rubbish finds.jpg
To be fair though , it was once again good fun and great to be out even though it was only a few hours , had an interesting time while enjoying the warmth of a late September evening .
quick dig finds slight improvement .jpg
quick dig finds 3 .jpg
Oxgirl

I was so tempted to go out today but didn’t. It is getting too dry, the rain will be welcome if it arrives on Wednesday (and is gone by Thursday morning :lol: )

Glad you are getting to grips with it. Have you done much pasture with it yet ? If you haven’t then you’re in for a treat 8-)

If you go out again before the rain ramp up the frequency a bit to 30khz plus - it’ll liven it up but make the good signals sing :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Littleboot

I always like those buckle chapes....they remind me of moustaches. :D I agree about the soil....a lot of my land is very fluffy at the mo...so signals are jumping around. Yes, some are solid....but i always wonder what is being misrepresented by the dithery signals. i can't dig them all.....just impossible. Really need some rain to compact things. I have a ploughed and rolled field that still feels like I am walking on memory foam.
When it comes to seasons I think of September as early autumn and November as late autumn. I don't talk about winter until December. Mind you, when I lived in North Staffs....frighteningly close to the highest village in England.....I didn't talk about summer until July and by the time I got half way through August we were already muttering about it feeling like 'back end'. I love Staffs and Staffs people but I have to say I don't miss the weather and I suppose I have gone soft. :lol:
Of course it helps being a detectorist because we see rain as a positive.
Live long and prosper.
Kenleyboy

Littleboot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:14 pm I always like those buckle chapes....they remind me of moustaches. :D I agree about the soil....a lot of my land is very fluffy at the mo...so signals are jumping around. Yes, some are solid....but i always wonder what is being misrepresented by the dithery signals. i can't dig them all.....just impossible. Really need some rain to compact things. I have a ploughed and rolled field that still feels like I am walking on memory foam.
When it comes to seasons I think of September as early autumn and November as late autumn. I don't talk about winter until December. Mind you, when I lived in North Staffs....frighteningly close to the highest village in England.....I didn't talk about summer until July and by the time I got half way through August we were already muttering about it feeling like 'back end'. I love Staffs and Staffs people but I have to say I don't miss the weather and I suppose I have gone soft. :lol:
Of course it helps being a detectorist because we see rain as a positive.
That is a good way of looking at Autumn , November as the latter part , never thought if it like that and there are plenty of trees still in leaf right through the month . I have always viewed winter from when the dreaded clocks go back which is not too far away and come the end of February winter is over for me despite the month of March being a blustery old one .