Tinner programme

Steve_JT

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:38 pm He uses an original black one but I’ve found it good with the X35 too :thumbsup:
I shall have tinker with the Tinner then and let you know :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
shaggybfc

Just programmed it in and I’ll be giving it a go this evening on some cultivated land that’s been fairly quiet so far.
I’ll be taking a posh toasted Brie and cranberry sandwich with me, just in case I need to sacrifice it :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

shaggybfc wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 am Just programmed it in and I’ll be giving it a go this evening on some cultivated land that’s been fairly quiet so far.
I’ll be taking a posh toasted Brie and cranberry sandwich with me, just in case I need to sacrifice it :thumbsup:
Looking forwqrd to hearing how you get on :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
BuriedByTime&Dust

I doubt I could get away with sensitivity at 97. I normally start around 94 and end up dropping it to 90 when the chirpy falsing starts to get on my nerves.
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:27 pm I’ve promised for ages to share a new programme I’ve tried on tricky sites - ones with lots of iron or ones where depth seems to be an issue. It also gives great depth on quiet pasture!

Start with programme 2 - GMP
Disc 7.0 - 4 tones
Sensitivity 97
Frequency 17khz
Iron 3
Reactivity 2
Audio response 4
Notch 0

Have a go and let me know what you think!
Should be okay on quiet pasture but too low a reactivity for lots of iron without masking good targets. Low reactivity = greater depth in cleaner ground but with much less target separation. The best adjustment here is raising the audio response so that deeper targets are louder and less missed, but you can just do that in any program at all. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
shaggybfc

I gave this program a go yesterday. I had a couple of hours before it got dark so headed for a new piece of land I have access to. I’ve not found any hot spots in these fields yet, so decided I’d search an area on the flat, near to a old drovers route. This field is red clay and is currently uncultivated- the stubble is starting to rot down nicely.
I marked an area out (approx 30mx30m), with some sticks and set off walking up and down the lines.
I normally use full tones, so having it limited to 4 tones initially had me looking at the remote a bit more than I’d normally do. I was caught out a few times with a shottie and a piece of iron chain, but I soon got used to it. It did find things, and when it did, the signals were loud and clear. Most machines / programs would have found the half-crown, pewter spoon handle and brass pipe fitting. All finds were at approx 5-6”. I must say, I did up the audio response to 5.
3B17BAC1-DB39-48DC-BB29-AC94D08B3711.jpeg
I then changed back to my normal program and went over the same area. I was surprised that I found / missed so much. All were at the same sort of depth 5-6”.
This run did pick up smaller items.
358BBC1B-E6D1-41FD-9B83-87254AF35741.jpeg
I then put the Tinner program back on and went on to some cultivated land for the last 15mins. Thinking that the Tinner would be better for deeper finds, I was interested to see how it handled the fluffy soil. - we had a bit of rain, but not enough to penetrate the first inch.
Not a great deal came up, but I did get a sweet tone, but it was soft, so I thought it must be deep. If it had been on my normal program, I would have dug a spade full out to see if it cleaned up - expecting it to be big iron. So when I took out a spade full and the tone was still nice, I just needed to dig it out regardless.... and boy, it needed some work to do so. It turned out to be a drinks can, but at depth I’d never normally see. I’d guess it was a good 14-16” deep.
5F0FDAFA-3E00-4010-8693-A1F74A552588.jpeg
7BDD8225-61FB-4122-8B2D-57D6D0D9752D.jpeg
D07AB730-F999-4485-9EDF-267F7A5CADDD.jpeg
So I’d conclude, with increased audio response, the Tinner program is good for larger items at depth, but it could miss some of the smaller items. I would certainly put this into full tones, but that’s what I’m used to.
It would be a good program to use to go over ground that you’ve searched with another program.
Thanks OG, it will certainly be kept on my list of programs.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

Thanks Shaggy, good report! It isn’t going to be for every site but i have toggled between HOT and this programme sometimes and the very clear signal on this one has been a lot more muted and quiet on HOT, to the point I might have ignored them.

Saying that I use HOT almost exclusively on most sites but where HOT has been struggling this one has given me some great finds. Be good to know if anyone else tries it and finds it useful or not too :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking