Would you like one of these as the next forum prize?

figgis

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:46 pm John has to prove he’s using his leather gifts or I want them back :D
You'll have to fight me for them :lol:

But you're right - the leather does clean easily, especially if you rub some jollop into it regularly :thumbsup:
Saffron

Only just seen this thread, (note to self pay more attention), that bag is seriously nice.

But I am with most others that have commented, its much too nice for a finds pouch. I am sure that anybody, the ladies especially, would find a much better use for it than that.

Evan
Marley

That really is very well made , well done to you .
For a woman it's ideal , for a man I'm not too sure :?
Easylife

Cath, that bag looks fantastic quality and will no doubt last several lifetimes, so much respect for all your good efforts and hard work, but..... personally I just can't see that particular design appealing to too many blokes as other's have also indicated as it's maybe more appealing to women? One design certainly does not fit all and each to their own. What was my main larger finds bag needed sewing up so for quite a while I've been using just a cheap 6" x 6" x 2" multi-compartment bag with a plastic Iiner in the main scrap pouch, that I bought for a guest to use, but now find that it is actually all I need. I guess it just really depends on the land and how much scrap you dig? One design aspect that I always find better is when the straps are sewn directly onto the bag. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

Well, the very bag you see in the photos has now arrived at the house of Adder :D

Its very well made, smells of leather obviously and i love it and will be using it too, although it is a shame to get it muddy

For those fashion conscious amongst you, it looks perfectly fine :thumbsup: , and there is a small section on the front for my mascara and lippy, so thats handy :Luv Ya:
It sits on my right side quite comfortably, and is spacious inside for all the junk i find

In all seriousness its a great finds pouch for me, it has the shoulder strap which is far better than attaching a pouch to my belt, as my trousers kept falling down in the fields......forever pulling them up with the weight of horseshoes and junk that i dig and store in the pouch
This way is much better for me :thumbsup:

Thanks Cath as i know how much work went into making this :clapping:
figgis

And is madam sir going to model it for us?

I don't doubt it looks the poodle's pouch perched on sir's shapely hip and look forward to seeing the ensemble :D :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

You all need to just get stuff dirty and get on with it. Leather, if properly waxed and stored in the house is not only very waterproof but very hard wearing and pretty easy to clean.

I know pinpointers aren't everyones cup of tea but I could do a trowel holster or a spade cover or something else if you'd prefer? A pinpointer holster takes a couple of hours to make and a trowel holster about 3, whilst a bag, even after the massive efficiency improvement from the experience gained from doing one, will still be 20 hours plus. So I could offer a few holsters instead of one bag if that's a better option.

Or please suggest something completely new if you like? I like the idea of designing new things 8-)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
shaggybfc

Do you do those speciality face masks with the zips on? ;) :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Mucky

Marley wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm That really is very well made , well done to you .
For a woman it's ideal , for a man I'm not too sure :?
Ha ha lol :lol: :lol: I was wondering if someone would be brave enough to say it! :D
Much appreciate the hard work that went into it though and the whole gesture. :thumbsup:
Marley

Just copy the searcher £17 one, it’s about perfect .
Made in leather and with slight improvements would be a winner :thumbsup:

The ‘flap’ is a big no , it would be just annoying

Searcher done a more expensive one at £25, but it was too big , the £17 one with maybe a loop on either side for pinpointer and or trowel :thumbsup:

And no gay influences :lol:
Oxgirl

I appreciate the honesty ladies and gents :Luv Ya: .

OK, I’ll go back to the design board and will get back to you when I’ve got the thing less fancy and more masculine :D
Mucky

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm I appreciate the honesty ladies and gents :Luv Ya: .

OK, I’ll go back to the design board and will get back to you when I’ve got the thing less fancy and more masculine :D
Please don't feel bad or hurt in any way.. You meant well..
Its just that you don't see metal detectorists walking about with smart leather handbags straps and flaps and all.
Get some Camo neoprene and stitch it together and you would be on to a winner!
Really appreciate what you are trying to do though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Emily

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm I appreciate the honesty ladies and gents :Luv Ya: .

But.....but.....I want one of these. 😞😢😢 can I get a practise one too. 😲😬
Live long and prospect
Oxgirl

Emily wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 pm But.....but.....I want one of these. 😞😢😢 can I get a practise one too. 😲😬
The one I was making has been repurposed as our dog walking bag. My husband loves it too :D I’m designing a new, less hand bag style one for the next prize though :thumbsup: